Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
sneakpeek
Registered Users

Default Hello from Northern California

I have been a freelance sports TV camera operator for over 25 years. So I woke up today and my first thought was that I needed to get into professional/broadcast quality aerial videography with a r/c unit. I have researched it all day and yet I really don't have a clue what to buy. My thoughts are I want an electric helicopter, flybarless with a good mount for a DSLR. Eventually I would like to pan and tilt and I would like to have FPV. Any help would be appreciated.
sneakpeek is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Wolfpackin
HF Support

My HF Map location

Welcome to HeliFreak.

From what I've seen/read AP is quickly being taken over by the multi-rotor copters ie Hexacopter, Quadracopter etc.

These multirotor platforms are much more stable and can be fitted with GPS stabilization/hold/home features to assist with the AP aspect.

Check'em out.
T-Rex 550E V1 Classic Flybar: 600MX/BL70G, AR6200, DS610 x 3, Quark/DS650, 16t/520mm blades.
Wolfpackin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
llbr22
Registered Users

Hey were did you work? I still know a few of those guys in sports broadcast from college and my days working camera at the A's.
If you want to see my hex once I put my camera mount and downlink on it I should be testing it in Berkeley next week or so.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
sneakpeek
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Newbee helicam

Hey llbr22...I've worked Sac Kings games, used to work a lot in the bay area, and of course all the networks. I would like to see your set up maybe I'll come down there and take a look, thanks.
Wolfpackin, someone told me this morning that you can buy the multi rotor copter but they are illegal to fly. I was looking at the Dragan E-4, seemed pretty cool.
I have a mac, but I'm looking into simulation today and maybe a cheap copter to practice with. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #5
sneakpeek
Registered Users

Hey llbr22...I've worked Sac Kings games, used to work a lot in the bay area, and of course all the networks. I would like to see your set up maybe I'll come down there and take a look, thanks.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
sneakpeek
Registered Users

Wolfpackin, someone told me this morning that you can buy the multi rotor copter but they are illegal to fly. I was looking at the Dragan E-4, seemed pretty cool. Also the cinestar 6. I may just start out with a Gaui 330xs to get my feet wet.
Thanks.

Tags
dlsr, helicam, professional, video

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.