Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

Old 12-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
daveb
Registered Users

Default Quark Sudden Death :-(

My quark has been in the garage cupboard for quite a few months and today I decided to quit being bored and have an indoor flying session. With a charged battery and fresh 'AA's in the transmitter I turned on the Quark - but - I get two flashes of the red and green LED with a beep-beep noise from the motor. I think I've spotted the error in the manual - 'poor reception' - but there are no hints on how to fix this.
I've tried new batteries in the transmitter - swopped the crystal to another transmitter - neither of which have been successful. All the wires / connector on the quark look fine so I'm stumped.
Any help would be much appreciated.
daveb is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
mediclavina
Registered Users

Have you tried using another transmitter? You may also try loosening the receiver antenna.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
daveb
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

As I mentioned I've tried another transmitter.
Seems odd that it has suddenly decided to die.
The 'poor reception' error hints at either the transmitter or the receiver - both are tricky to test.
daveb is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
HelisRock
Registered Users

Default check batt

Have you checked the heli battery? I once had similiar flashing lights and it was an undercharged heli battery, not TX batt. If you haven't flown in a while, batt might not hold a good charge...
HelisRock is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters