Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

Old 02-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
vtcnc
Registered Users

Default No motor or L/R cyclic

O.k., background info...

I've flown 4 full batteries with my new mCP X. This little thing is awesome and has me excited about the hobby. I freaking love this whole helicopter thing. I'm new to the hobby and have been learning slowly: hovering has been no problem, been practicing side in, tail in and nose in with lots of exciting saves...only two "crashes" that I can speak of and this tough little bird went right back up in the air. All the while, I've read as much of this forum as I can, trying to look and learn for potential problems in pre/post and during flight modes.

This one has me confused though.

Phase I of the problem: I followed the pre-flight steps and got ready to fly. Blue light starts rapidly blinking. No motor. I could elevator forward/back, cyclic left/right and give it collective, but no motor.

Troubleshooting: Thinking Throttle Hold was on. Went through the sequence to turn Throttle Hold Off. No response. Blue light still blinking rapidly.

Went through binding sequence. Blue light went solid. Thinking I'm good to go.

Phase II of the problem: Followed the pre-flight steps and got ready to fly. Blue light is solid and all looks normal. No motor. I could eleveator forward/back and give it collective +/-, but NOW I have no cyclic left/right.

Troubleshooting: Now I'm thinking I have a battery problem. Transmitter batteries are showing full (all the way right and green). I had stored the LiPo and am worried I have a bad LiPo. Fully charged my other LiPo to troubleshoot.

Phase III of the problem: Same result as Phase II. No motor or L/R cyclic, but have elevator and collective +/-

O.k., thoughts?
vtcnc is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
R_C Addict
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcnc View Post
O.k., background info...

I've flown 4 full batteries with my new mCP X. This little thing is awesome and has me excited about the hobby. I freaking love this whole helicopter thing. I'm new to the hobby and have been learning slowly: hovering has been no problem, been practicing side in, tail in and nose in with lots of exciting saves...only two "crashes" that I can speak of and this tough little bird went right back up in the air. All the while, I've read as much of this forum as I can, trying to look and learn for potential problems in pre/post and during flight modes.

This one has me confused though.

Phase I of the problem: I followed the pre-flight steps and got ready to fly. Blue light starts rapidly blinking. No motor. I could elevator forward/back, cyclic left/right and give it collective, but no motor.

Troubleshooting: Thinking Throttle Hold was on. Went through the sequence to turn Throttle Hold Off. No response. Blue light still blinking rapidly.

Went through binding sequence. Blue light went solid. Thinking I'm good to go.

Phase II of the problem: Followed the pre-flight steps and got ready to fly. Blue light is solid and all looks normal. No motor. I could eleveator forward/back and give it collective +/-, but NOW I have no cyclic left/right.

Troubleshooting: Now I'm thinking I have a battery problem. Transmitter batteries are showing full (all the way right and green). I had stored the LiPo and am worried I have a bad LiPo. Fully charged my other LiPo to troubleshoot.

Phase III of the problem: Same result as Phase II. No motor or L/R cyclic, but have elevator and collective +/-

O.k., thoughts?
I'm having the pretty much the same issue! Except mine is brand new and has only 1 hover flight. However, if I bind it to another tx it works. And being a new member of the forum, I have been lucky enough to get some great advice here. And that advice is that the DX4e tx's have been having failure issues. So I called Horizon today and explained the problem and he said they never heard of the problem but he said he is sending me a new 3-1 but no tx. I will post back once I get the new 3-1. Me personally, I think it's a tx issue. Because if it was a 3-1 problem, it would do the same thing no matter what Spectrum tx I bind it too!
2 Bld SR's 1 w/ MH Upgrades, 1 Nite Fly, MCPx V2 Walkera V100D08 rtf Composite-Arf 2.3m Extra 330l w/ DA85 H9 Tango w/ O.S. 55AX, Top Flite Flite Streak and Nobler Control Line, Fly Zone DR1 RTF. new owner of a DX8
R_C Addict is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
superjet112x
Registered Users

Are you guys useing the DX 4 tx ? The RTF version?
Blade 300x Phoenix 25esc Park BEC Blade upgrades
Ducati Desmo 1/5 scale nitro superbike
superjet112x is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
Liduno
Registered Users

Im sorry for stating the obvious but I have done it myself so I figure it's worth saying, Make sure your ACT switch is the Up position.

If that's not the problem then try rebinding your TX , page 7 in your manual I believe.
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
superjet112x
Registered Users

The DX 4 tx is known to go bad so you might want to bind to a diffrent tx to see if thats the problem
Old 02-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
R_C Addict
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjet112x View Post
Not sure about the OP but yes I have the RTF version with the DX4e
2 Bld SR's 1 w/ MH Upgrades, 1 Nite Fly, MCPx V2 Walkera V100D08 rtf Composite-Arf 2.3m Extra 330l w/ DA85 H9 Tango w/ O.S. 55AX, Top Flite Flite Streak and Nobler Control Line, Fly Zone DR1 RTF. new owner of a DX8
Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
R_C Addict
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
Im sorry for stating the obvious but I have done it myself so I figure it's worth saying, Make sure your ACT switch is the Up position.

If that's not the problem then try rebinding your TX , page 7 in your manual I believe.
I've done the bind procedure in the manual about 10 times and no luck but if I bind it to my SR tx, it works fine except the collective is reversed. So in my opinion, ait's a tx issue and not a 3-1 issue! It's just unfortunate that a couple of the HH Reps say there is nothing wrong with the DX4e tx.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
superjet112x
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_C Addict View Post

There has been several members here that have had bad radios, search around you will find them
Old 02-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
superjet112x
Registered Users

Quote:

You have another thread where people told you about the radio
Old 02-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #10
vtcnc
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

OP here. I'm using Dx4e RTF same as yours.

Not sure if I can bind with my other Tx. Have the Heli-Max for Novus CP RTF and Esky Belt CP v2 RTF. Will these bind?

Will wait to see what happens with Addict's 3-in-1 replacement from Horizon.

Last edited by vtcnc; 02-06-2012 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 02-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
superjet112x
Registered Users

what I understand if you have another blade heli the cheaper tx will bind just to check,
Old 02-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
GeKu
Registered Users

Quote:

Not sure if I can bind with my other Tx. Have the Heli-Max for Novus CP RTF and Esky Belt CP v2 RTF. Will these bind?

Will wait to see what happens with your 3-in-1 replacement.
I don't thing it will work with those unless your Esky and Helimax have Spectrum rx with DSM2, DSMX Tx. So if you know someone with a DX6i, DX7 etc or JR radio.
GeKu is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #13
vtcnc
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post

Checked and double checked. Thinking about this a little more, I feel Addict is onto something with the Tx being the problem. I don't see why I would lose motor first and then cyclic control after a second binding sequence.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #14
Liduno
Registered Users

Quote:
I've done the bind procedure in the manual about 10 times and no luck but if I bind it to my SR tx, it works fine except the collective is reversed. So in my opinion, ait's a tx issue and not a 3-1 issue! It's just unfortunate that a couple of the HH Reps say there is nothing wrong with the DX4e tx.
Sounds like you have it figured out.

Quote:
There has been several members here that have had bad radios, search around you will find them
Mailed my radio off to hh on friday

Quote:

Will wait to see what happens with Addict's 3-in-1 replacement from Horizon.
I dont think any of those will bind with specktrum.
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
SuperBee364
Registered Users

I'm one of the guys that had a new DX4e die within a couple days. Symptoms very similar to the OP's.

Instead of having HH replace the DX4e, I just went out and bought a DX6i, figuring i'd need it eventually, anyway. Glad I did, and don't miss the 4e at all (although I just bought my son a used v1 mCPX that came with a 4e, so now I gotta buy yet another 6i).
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
vtcnc
Registered Users

Exclamation

Quote:
Quick follow up to this issue...

Yes, as stated I'm using the Dx4e sold with the RTF. I went to the Spektrum site and found the following bulletin on a transmitter problem:

Spektrum Product Bulletin

Although this bulletin has the following note inserted in it: "This bulletin does not apply to DSM2 only transmitters," later on in the bulletin it states the following:

"Transmitters with affected PIDs may be found in the following products:

Blade mCP X RTF (BLH3500), E-flite Apprentice 15e RTF (EFL2725), Hangar 9 Alpha 40 DSM2 RTF (HAN4400) ,Hangar 9 P-51 Mustang MkII PTS RTF (HAN4425), Hobbyzone Super Cub DSM RTF (HBZ7400), ParkZone Radian RTF (PKZ4700), ParkZone P-51D BL DSM RTF (PKZ2200), ParkZone F4U Corsair RTF (PKZ4600), Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator 3.0 with DX5e (RTM30R5510/RTM30R55101).

DX6i/DX5e/DX4e:
PID's beginning with one of the following prefixes: HS, HH, HT, HE, HA

DX8:
PID's beginning with one of the following prefixes: HS, HH, HT, HE, HA, HO, HM, HR

DX7:
PID's beginning with the following prefix: HA

JRP9503/JPR9309:
PID's beginning with the following prefix: TM "

Is there anyone here that can point somebody at HH customer service to this bulletin? It seems like something in going here with this transmitter in the DSM2 mode and it is possibly affecting those of us who have purchased the mCPx RTF kit.

There is also a link to a FAQ.

The only problem I have with this is that I have the BLH3600 and the bulletin affects BLH3500.

Is it possible that the same Tx was used for V1 and V2 and the firmware update was never done for V2 kits?

Last edited by vtcnc; 02-06-2012 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 02-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #17
ebeing
Registered Users

you followed the non-computer binding instructions right?
ebeing is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #18
vtcnc
Registered Users

Yup. Twice.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #19
GeKu
Registered Users

Quote:
Quick follow up to this issue...

Yes, as stated I'm using the Dx4e sold with the RTF. I went to the Spektrum site and found the following bulletin on a transmitter problem:

Spektrum Product Bulletin

Although this bulletin has the following note inserted in it: "This bulletin does not apply to DSM2 only transmitters," later on in the bulletin it states the following:

"Transmitters with affected PIDs may be found in the following products:

Blade mCP X RTF (BLH3500), E-flite Apprentice 15e RTF (EFL2725), Hangar 9 Alpha 40 DSM2 RTF (HAN4400) ,Hangar 9 P-51 Mustang MkII PTS RTF (HAN4425), Hobbyzone Super Cub DSM RTF (HBZ7400), ParkZone Radian RTF (PKZ4700), ParkZone P-51D BL DSM RTF (PKZ2200), ParkZone F4U Corsair RTF (PKZ4600), Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator 3.0 with DX5e (RTM30R5510/RTM30R55101).

DX6i/DX5e/DX4e:
PID's beginning with one of the following prefixes: HS, HH, HT, HE, HA

DX8:
PID's beginning with one of the following prefixes: HS, HH, HT, HE, HA, HO, HM, HR

DX7:
PID's beginning with the following prefix: HA

JRP9503/JPR9309:
PID's beginning with the following prefix: TM "

Is there anyone here that can point somebody at HH customer service to this bulletin? It seems like something in going here with this transmitter in the DSM2 mode and it is possibly affecting those of us who have purchased the mCPx RTF kit.

There is also a link to a FAQ.

The only problem I have with this is that I have the BLH3600 and the bulletin affects BLH3500.

Is it possible that the same Tx was used for V1 and V2 and the firmware update was never done for V2 kits?
I guess you will have to check the PID inside your battery compartment to verify to rule out the problem.
GeKu is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #20
vtcnc
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeKu View Post
I guess you will have to check the PID inside your battery compartment to verify to rule out the problem.
Checked it today: "HO"

I tried rebinding again. Once I had the bind, all channels were working, except for motor. Then, the right front servo seemed to bind up; when I say bind up, it wasn't like the servo motor was try to spin, it just "acted" like it was bound.

At this point, I took the unit through several rebind-failure mode tests. E.g., rebind, hit throttle hold, try aileron. Here was the sequence I tried:

1) Rebind, no failure mode test - Results no motor, aileron failure (characterized by right front servo not spinning.) More movement of the right stick resulted in elevator not responding.

2) Rebind, throttle hold on failure mode test - Results no motor, hit throttle hold, no aileron and elevator.

3) Rebind, hi/lo rate on failure mode test - Results no motor, hit dual rate, no aileron.

4) Rebind, idle up on failure mode test - Results no motor, idle up on, aileron good, more movement of stick resulted in no elevator, more movement of right stick resulted in no aileron.

I'm baffled.

Last edited by vtcnc; 02-07-2012 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: confused

Tags
dx4e, mcpx, motor wont run, problem, transmitter

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help