Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

Old 02-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
SuperBee364
Registered Users

A lot of guys have seen me post this, post it again, and re-post it, so to those that are tired of seeing this, my apologies.. nothing to see here, move along...

Try binding using this procedure:

1. Make sure your transmitter is turned off

2. Connect a freshly charged battery to your mCPX. Wait for it to go in to bind mode.

3. Hold full left rudder and the trainer button in WHILE POWERING UP the transmitter.

4. After like two seconds, release ONLY the trainer button. CONTINUE HOLDING full left rudder.

5. Keep holding the left rudder until the LED on the mCPX turns solid.

I know, I know, holy crap, I KNOW (many people have pointed this out to me, hence all the "I knows") that this binding procedure DOES NOT MATCH the instructions. But trust me on this, it is much more of a reliable method of binding than the instructions.

If this method of binding doesn't work, then you're most likely looking at a transmitter problem.

If you still "lose the bind" often, then you're still most likely looking at a transmitter problem.
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #22
vtcnc
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee364 View Post
A lot of guys have seen me post this, post it again, and re-post it, so to those that are tired of seeing this, my apologies.. nothing to see here, move along...

If you still "lose the bind" often, then you're still most likely looking at a transmitter problem.
Your patience is admirable oh kindly veteran! Will give this bind procedure a try tomorrow!
vtcnc is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #23
SuperBee364
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcnc View Post
Your patience is admirable oh kindly veteran! Will give this bind procedure a try tomorrow!
I can't take credit for it... Nicko82 is the guy that has saved me a *ton* of binding troubles: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=369441

I just have no life and spend waaay too much time on helifreak so I catch these things more often than he does.

If you read the thread linked above, don't get confused... the binding procedure is different for a computerized radio (you hold *right* rudder) vs. a non-computerized radio (you hold left rudder). So as long as you're using a DX4e, it's left rudder. But if you end up getting a computerized radio (DX6i, DX7, etc.), you'll need to use right rudder. Got it?
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
vtcnc
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee364 View Post

Try binding using this procedure:

1. Make sure your transmitter is turned off

2. Connect a freshly charged battery to your mCPX. Wait for it to go in to bind mode.

3. Hold full left rudder and the trainer button in WHILE POWERING UP the transmitter.

4. After like two seconds, release ONLY the trainer button. CONTINUE HOLDING full left rudder.

5. Keep holding the left rudder until the LED on the mCPX turns solid.

I know, I know, holy crap, I KNOW (many people have pointed this out to me, hence all the "I knows") that this binding procedure DOES NOT MATCH the instructions. But trust me on this, it is much more of a reliable method of binding than the instructions.

If this method of binding doesn't work, then you're most likely looking at a transmitter problem.

Thanks SuperBee for the rebind sequence. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problem. On hold with HH right now!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #25
bekeatts
Registered Users

Sounds good!
bekeatts is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #26
vtcnc
Registered Users

O.k., finally got through to someone from HH. I'm on back order for a replacement board. His logic is that if the transmitter were a problem, it is likely that there would not be a two channel issue.

Special note: I asked about replacement rates of the board vs. Dx4e. He claims 98% of the replacements for this type of issue is board related. Overall, Andy was really helpful at HH and I'm grateful that he didn't give me a hard time about warranty and troubleshooting of this problem, he was really oriented around providing a positive customer experience.

Once I get the board in, I'll let you know if he was right!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #27
vtcnc
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcnc View Post
Once I get the board in, I'll let you know if he was right!
Well...HH boards are on backorder, and mine is warranty, so still waiting for that board. No biggie, I'm impatient so I order a new board from somebody else. All is good in the world. Comes yesterday along with "crash kits" of my configuration, MH swash upgrade and bunch of other stock replacement parts...

Just out of curiosity but more for determining if I'm still dealing with the same problem before I potentially cook a new board, I fire up the MCPX - just to see if problems still exist...see previous posts on my problems up to this point in time...

O.k., powered up...absolutely NO problems with radio, board, cyclic, collective, ALL is good...but I'm confused. And I mean no problems. I hovered this thing in my kitchen tonight on a board I thought was bad and HH said it was likely bad as well.

Could this be interference? I'm back to looking at the transmitter?
Old 04-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #28
vtcnc
Registered Users

So,this is definitely a binding procedure problem. After a couple of weeks of flying there are two keypoints to binding that are spelled out in the binding procedure and troubleshooting guide that are easy to overlook or forget:

1) You have to wait min. 5 seconds after powering on the tx to plug the lipo into the board.
2) You have to be at least 5 feet away from the tx when plugging the lipo into the board.

I did a little DOE on this and confirmed this...if any of the start up conditions above ad violated, then I would get weird no cyclic problems with the unit and/or TH on during startup and no ability to get out of it.

Lesson learned- pay attention to directions...suggestion to eflite/HH, revise your instructions. I'm going to write up a binding procedure and instruction for myself if you are interested let me know. Before I carve it in stone, would anybody like to see if they can replicated my little experiment?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Tags
dx4e, mcpx, motor wont run, problem, transmitter

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help