Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #21
Chopper-Addict
Registered Users

Hi Mikej

This is on a copterx 450 wityh 4 blade head. Tx is JR PCX9, Rx is AR8000. I build/repair helis for a hobby and for other people, so know about radios etc :-) The TX must be talking to the AR8000 at least, as I suddenly realised I also have throttle, as I forgot to put Hold on and it started to spool up on me. So throtle and rudder do work, but nothing else does.

I have not reset the swash type AFAIK, not got far enough into the setup to do so ?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chopper-Addict is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #22
Mikej
Registered Users

Do you have the USB dongle or programming box - they both have a useful monitor feature that will allow you to see how the Tx inputs are being passed on to the 3X1000.

Another thing to check is that the Black / red / black cable is the correct way up - the little "windows" on that lead should face the same way as the little "windows" on the other servo plugs - sorry if this all sounds a little Mickey Mouse, but I'm not sure what they are called.
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #23
Chopper-Addict
Registered Users

I have the dongle, and have ordered the programming box as well. That should be here in a couple of days. Funnily enough I worked out the way up for that connector the same way as you are describing, as they give no indication of which way up in the docs....

Can I use the dongle alone to access some software ?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #24
Mikej
Registered Users

Yep - go here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=1568592&pp=20 and find John_NZ's latest software - it's excellent, based upon the Tarot software but tweaked to work with the Tarot + Copterx + ALZRC (they are all fundamentally the same unit), John's software is also more stable and reliable than the tarot software thathe took as his starting point
Old 04-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #25
Chopper-Addict
Registered Users

Cheers for that Mike, I have dowjnloaded and installed it - looks very professional. I could connecto it after it installed a(nother() USB serial driver on Com6, and on the very first page - Monitor, my sticks make the screen sticks move - Yeee Haaaaa. I did all the reversing etc that was needed and then moved on.

NOTHING ELSE works on screen, and my swash plate is totally dead on the heli. It must be something bloody silly, like incorrect wiring or something, but I just cannot see how.

All connections to the AR8000 have signal at the bottom, all leads from CX3100 have the open pin side facing the same way (to the right side of the AR8000). The Cx3100 initializes just fine, and I can even go into setup mode with it manually, I just cannot get the damned swash plate servos to budge. Tail servo and motor work just fine.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #26
Mikej
Registered Users

At the risk of insulting you - it sounds as if your cyclic servos are connected up-side down.

One thing that might help is that you can save your setting into a file (top left of the screem) and save them as an ini file. Then view thw ini file in Notepad or similar and cut and paste it here - then we can all see what you have done wrong and laugh
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #27
Mikej
Registered Users

What servos are you using (cyclic and tail)?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #28
Chopper-Addict
Registered Users

I am quiter happy to take all the insults in the world Mike.

I am quite sure it must be something dumb like that, but upside down in terms of which connection(s) ? I will pop into my hangar and do the saving stuff if it will let me and publish it here.

Give me 10 minutes.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #29
Chopper-Addict
Registered Users

The servos are all analog at present. Going to be changed later, once I get this lot sorted out.

Here is the INI - ENJOY !!!!!

[section1]
PitchAgility=30
PitchGain=40
RollAgility=30
RollGain=40
YawAgility=30
YawRight=30
YawGain=70
[section2]
FixMode=1
ServoType=0
SwashPlateType=2
ServoDirCH1=1
ServoDirCH2=-1
ServoDirCH3=1
ServoDirCH4=-1
ServoAdjustCH1=100
ServoAdjustCH2=100
ServoAdjustCH3=-100
AileronLimit=100
ElevatorLimit=87
TotalCoefficient=-98
PitchDir=1
RollDir=1
YawDir=1
TailPoint=0
TailLimitA=70
TailLimitB=70
OptimizationDir=1
[section3]
Acc1=125
Acc2=40
Acc3=125
Acc4=125
Acc5=20
Acc6=20
DeadBand1=40
DeadBand2=4
DeadBand3=80
DeadBand4=4
PitchGainD=0
PitchGainI=120
PitchGainP=80
RollGainD=0
RollGainI=120
RollGainP=80
SpinSpeed1=30
SpinSpeed2=30
SpinSpeed3=30
SpinSpeed4=30
TailCompsate1=0
TailCompsate2=0
TailGainD=25
TailGainI=25
TailGainP=80
[FBL]
Preset=1
ModelName=

Hope it shows something up ?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #30
Mikej
Registered Users

C-A,

I can't see anythign very obviously wrong - it looks pretty much like you have default settings there. What I meant about the servo plugs in wrong was the plug on the end of the servo lead should have the white or Yellow lead towards the face of the 3x1000 and the black / brown lead at the bottom of the unit - but you must have this correct or your tail servo wouldn't be working.

Have you tried plugging your tail servo into on of the cyclic slots and one of the cyclic servos into your tail servo slot?

Cheers,
Mike.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #31
Chopper-Addict
Registered Users

Righto, prepare to ROFL !!!!!!

On final checking with a stock ESC on the AR8000, ALL 3 Swash servos are DEAD as dodos.

Quickly swapped them out for a set of digitals, all is well in terms of the software working and the swash now moves.

VERY MANY THANKS MIKE, you have saved my sanity. One beer owed.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #32
Mikej
Registered Users

Good news (not good news that they are dead, but that you've found the issue) - these things can drive you mad
Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #33
Harbormaster
Registered Users

Default Successful Blade 400 CX-3X1000 FBL conversion

If anyone's interested, I posted the details of my CopterX flybarless conversion of a Blade 400 here:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=3831560#post3831560

Last edited by Harbormaster; 04-09-2012 at 03:50 AM..
Harbormaster is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #34
atonydins
Registered Users

did the same with my blade 400 used a trex 450 pro swash and the linkages worked,
and a trex 450 feathering shaft in a cheap ebay 450 fbl rotorhead, the copter x stuff works a treat, now doing my Raptor 30/50
atonydins is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #35
Zamjustice
Registered Users

I've successfully installed one in my Blade SR. Used the head from a Master CP as well as a complete spare tail unit. Upgraded the servos to 9G otherwise everything else is stock. I got tired of looking at it gathering dust so decided to tinker. So far so good, just need to adjust some gain settings.
Zamjustice is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X