Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
cbarneg
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Altimeter High Alarm

I have a Spektrum altimeter connected to a DX8. The altimeter itself seems to work reasonably well within specified accuracies. And the readings above the ground from initialization seem ok.

But I set a maximum alarm on the altitude in the DX8 and the alarm triggers well before the actual altitude is reached. For example, I initially set the maximum alarm to 100 feet, but the alarm actually triggered while the readout was about 30 feet. In order to get up to 100 feet (real time readout) without an alarm I have had to set the maximum alarm to about 500 feet.

Any ideas?
cbarneg is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
aerocal
Registered Users

Interesting.I actually havent used the high altitude alarm since last float season.Ill have to check it out again.It worked good for me then.
HELIFREAK !!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
aerocal is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
dennis22g
Registered Users

Default High altitude alarm

I also have this error. Purchasing a brand new DX8 with the altimeter module I was itching to try it. I put it in a new Tiger 60 with a 15cc gas motor. On the maiden flight not even trimmed yet, just after take off I began a turn right over tall forest at the end of the field and suddenly the radio began beeping and shaking. I had awful thougths about what was about to happen, was the receiver battery low, did the signal suddenly become low, was I loosing packets and about to loose the thing alltogether, what was it.. Luckly I had a friend beside me and I asked for a reading. "High altitude warning" he said. Well with a brand new plane, not trimmed, a brand new motor, and a new transmitter that I was not really familiar with and was beeping and shaking madly, suddenly the stress levels became high. Knowing that it was only an altitude warning I was able to land safely and fix it. The point is that I had the warning set for 400feet which is the height limit at my field but the plane was a mere 50feet high when the alarm sounded. There must be some problem with the alarm setting counter. Maybe someone from Horizon could send out an update or similar to fix this one too.

Dennis.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
aerocal
Registered Users

What version of airware does your new radio have? Make sure its updated to v2.04
IIRC there was an issue with altitude something or other with altitude.The current version works ok.I just used mine yesterday and its fine.
HELIFREAK !!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
rstekeur
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How does that work, do you have to set it for ground elevation like a full scale?
rstekeur is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
aerocal
Registered Users

No.It should set itself to zero AGL when it initializes.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:39 AM   #7
dennis22g
Registered Users

Thanks for that aerocal. You are correct. I installed the 2.04 version software and tried it yesterday. Cool! Just at the plane got out of sight straignt up, Beep Beep Beep it went. Right on 400 feet as I had it set. Really happy with it. I had one other pilot wanting me to wait up there so he could see what his plane looked like at 400 feet. Everyone in the place can hear the alarm. Nice..

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.