Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

Old 12-24-2015, 04:04 AM   #521
dedados
Registered Users

This is the warmest winter I have ever experienced, no clouds, no wind, no cold and sunshine all day

Flew a pack, another charging to fine tune the spirit, still haven't found a cause for my piro wobble but I am suspecting it is a sideways CG issue.
dedados is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #522
dr dremel
Registered Users

Bees are flying, some blossoms on the trees - its crazy here also @15C/59F. Flew 9 packs on the MiniP, I was sweating

Although Im a bit worried well have to pay for this later, Im enjoying it while I can. Next week will largely stay like this, glorious!
Old 12-27-2015, 03:21 AM   #523
dedados
Registered Users

I said I like this weather and I do but we get so little snowfall were I live that I am a bit disappointed with it being so hot so late as I want snow!

Yesterday I flew a pack with a friend and he got scared by some speed runs and me hovering close, he also asked me if he could lift off and give me the controls right after
Old 12-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #524
johnjonfenomenon
Registered Users

I rebuilt mine .. changed out all the bearings. Installed a new head and motor. plastidipped the landing skids and put on new blades and canopy. I also reversed the position of the esc meaning i put the capacitors away from the nose and towards the rear. This avaiods them from snapping in the event of a crash

BTW.. the spindles that lynx used to make are tough. 3 crashes on the head and its still in one piece. I can say that the Lynx blade grips hold up just as well and has already paid for itself in terms of crashes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1451426954761.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	626934   Click image for larger version

Name:	1451427006875.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	626935   Click image for larger version

Name:	1451427043087.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	626936  

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013

Last edited by johnjonfenomenon; 12-29-2015 at 04:11 PM..
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #525
cycled
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjonfenomenon View Post
I can say that the Lynx blade grips hold up just as well and has already paid for itself in terms of crashes.
Do the MSH grips protect the blades when they snap?

I've had two crashes with the P500, and in both cases one grip has broken and one blade. Seems to be the worst of all possibilities, unless one collects enough surviving blades to reuse...
Old 12-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #526
johnjonfenomenon
Registered Users

If blades hit the ground on a crash the grips won't do anything to protect them... at 5 dollars for a set of grips plus another 5 for the fbl ball links that attach to the grips for the mini. I've saved that through 2 crashes on the mini with the lynx grips

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #527
dr dremel
Registered Users

I had at least half a dozen light crashes where the stock grips/FBL standoffs did indeed save the blades. But I think if the grips themselves break, the blades would not survive either. The plastic however prevents damaging the blades when they pivot and hit the grip on the root. The FBL standoffs ("long balls") are not so much for saving the blades, but for saving servo gears.

YMMV though, these were as said light crashes. If you plant it with decent headspeed nothing will save your blades.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:37 AM   #528
dedados
Registered Users

4 Flights today in warm and windless but cloudy weather, I think a slight phasing problem caused my piro wobble as I fixed most of it by rotating my fbl 2deg

I also bought 3 more packs and they are quite a bit heavier being 1400mah instead of 1250mah, I got one more min of flight time but at a lower HS.

Do you guys also have a wobble in hard elevator moves and stops?
Old 01-06-2016, 06:58 AM   #529
dr dremel
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedados View Post
Do you guys also have a wobble in hard elevator moves and stops?
Yes, occasionally. For me its largely depending on the blades I use. The very light SABs are more prone to this, heavier FBL blades dont show it. But there is a number of things that can cause it. Too much head gain, slop in servos/linkage, dampers too stiff for the chosen HS ...
Old 03-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #530
mattbeau
Registered Users

I'm really digging this mini protos. I wish I had gone down this road a long time ago. I flew 6 packs yesterday and 4 today before the storm comes in. There is just so much power with stretch, it just screams across the sky.

mattbeau is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:12 PM   #531
jmtyndall
Registered Users

Finally got back into flying this last week. Took the Mini to work Wed, put 5 flights on it, and decided it was due for some 150 flight maintenance. Tore it down, replaced most of the bearings, mainshaft, tail shaft and a badly stretched and frayed belt.

Put another 10 flights on it Friday and Saturday and she's doing great.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #532
mattbeau
Registered Users

I did notice that the tracking on mine was a little off but I know the pitch links were correct so I took a closer look and a blade grip was cracked right at the link end. Wow was I lucky.

I got it second hand and has been really solid. I'm thinking of going through it completely. Though I already know the head is good now
Old 04-12-2016, 09:20 PM   #533
mattbeau
Registered Users

Just finished replacing the upper bearing block which had a broken screw and replaced all the work out screws. I also finished installing an Ikon and setting it up.

Did a little hover test in the back yard and will be ready to take it out to the field on Saturday.

It wasn't that bad to work on. I was surprised how long it didn't take me to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #534
jmtyndall
Registered Users

I find it quite easy to wrench in. And almost exactly like it's big brother, the 500. The process to fix one is just like the other. Makes it extremely fast to work on your fleet when they're so similar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum