Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics


Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #21
Jotto
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,931
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oppegård, Norway
Default

Thanks for your prompt reply, skaluf! I missed the detail about vibration in your original post. Thats great! I can't hear the alarm inside a transmitter mitt.

Some of the preview photos on telemetry features earlier this year from Robbie showed a mAh gauge. To me, that alone would be a reason to upgrade from my 8FG. Is it possible to get any information about this?


Sent from my mobile phone - I apologize for any spelling errors
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #22
kingmeow
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Default

Futaba Steve,

It looks like it'll have the side/back sliders like the 8FG. But will it be smoother? On the 8FG, the ratcheting is way too stiff, almost to the point of not usable.
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #23
geekindenial
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Default

Hi Steve,

Would it have dual or quad bearing gimball s? I.e. 8fg quality or 12z quality gimballs?

Thanks.

Last edited by geekindenial; 10-24-2012 at 10:15 PM..
geekindenial is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #24
tgo
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: HK
Default

Hi Steve,
For the programming, will it have servo speed functions like the 14MZ in heli mode?
Thanks
TGO
tgo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #25
skaluf
Registered Users
 
Posts: 128
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Champaign, IL
Default

Guys, I'm not going to get into a lot of the features yet as our web pages will be up soon. Gimbal-wise, they are the same as the 8FGS, dual ball bearing. However this transmitter does have tension adjustability. I feel like the sliders are pretty close to the 8FGS (not the 8FG).

I really don't know anything about the Robbe sensors, they have a web page, I'd go there to look for that information. We don't import the Robbe products.

At the risk of acting like a spammer, I have to say that I really like the feel of this transmitter. Very solid feel and very comfortable. To me, it feels like the 18MZ but in a slightly smaller package.

Steve
skaluf is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #26
BennyTRD
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,402
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Default

Thanks for all the info Steve.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BennyTRD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
DominicD
The Capi
 
Posts: 23,270
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaluf View Post
At the risk of acting like a spammer, I have to say that I really like the feel of this transmitter. Very solid feel and very comfortable. To me, it feels like the 18MZ but in a slightly smaller package.

Steve
I won't punish you in trade for a free sample


I never actually thought I would need to replace my 10CG as the radio isn't as important as it use to be with FBL being what it is. But this radio might change my mind. The mah to timer/buzzer/shaker thing alone would be worth the upgrade.
__________________
SAB Heli Canada / RotorQuest
Team KBDD

Spreading capibara awareness since 2006
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DominicD is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #28
skaluf
Registered Users
 
Posts: 128
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Champaign, IL
Default

The web page for the 14SG is now up: http://www.futabarc.com/systems/futk...4sg/index.html
skaluf is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #29
skaluf
Registered Users
 
Posts: 128
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Champaign, IL
Default

Folks, I just received word that you should be able to pre-order 14SG's starting this weekend. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the market serviced by Hobbico (North America). Other distributors may have different plans.

Steve
skaluf is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #30
flyalan
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Default

Well if I'd seen this I might not have bit the bullet and bought an 18mz. Well probably still would have. The 18mz touch screen is awesome.
I hope this means more options as far as telemetry receivers are coming?

Cheers
Alan


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
TEAM SYNERGY, BAVARIAN DEMON
MORGAN FUELS, SCORPION
flyalan is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #31
kjoer
Registered Users
 
Posts: 351
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Venlo, The Netherlands
Default

Can the T14SG use throttle values to control the timers?

The T8FG still can't do this, despite firmware upgrades.

(Yes you can use your TH switch to control the timers, but it is not the same. Now I manually reset the timer, every time I turn on the transmitter, since you briefly have to have normal selected.)
__________________
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rzavelli/rc_heli.txt
kjoer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #32
rcjames
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,167
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fresno California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaluf View Post
Guys, I'm not going to get into a lot of the features yet as our web pages will be up soon. Gimbal-wise, they are the same as the 8FGS, dual ball bearing. However this transmitter does have tension adjustability. I feel like the sliders are pretty close to the 8FGS (not the 8FG).

I really don't know anything about the Robbe sensors, they have a web page, I'd go there to look for that information. We don't import the Robbe products.

At the risk of acting like a spammer, I have to say that I really like the feel of this transmitter. Very solid feel and very comfortable. To me, it feels like the 18MZ but in a slightly smaller package.

Steve
When will this be out?
__________________
Hi my name is Jim and I am a Heliholic. Darn Heli-Crack Addiction!! lol
The heli virus has infected me and i hope that there is NO CURE!
rcjames is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #33
Ha.kan
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
Got a link ?
Go here:
http://heli.dacsa.net/MrMelSite/styl...d-2/index.html
Ha.kan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #34
wbplomp
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Default

I am happy to see that Futaba has finally developed a new radio system. But I wonder about three things...
  • What is de size compare 8FG vs 10CG?
  • Ball bearings?
  • Model matching?
The size is very important to me. The 8FG is to small for my hands. The 10CG size is just fine. The 12FG feels perfectly in my hand!
__________________
T-Rex 500E - JIVE 80+ LV + MINIPYRO 20-08 / BLS153 / CGY750 / BLS251
T-Rex 550E DFC - JIVE 100+ LV + PYRO 600-12 / DS610 / V-Bar / BLS251
T-Rex 700E DFC - ICE2 HV 120 + 750MX / BL700H / CGY750 / BL750H
wbplomp is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #35
ChrisH
HF Support
 
Posts: 11,359
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoer View Post
Can the T14SG use throttle values to control the timers?

The T8FG still can't do this, despite firmware upgrades.

(Yes you can use your TH switch to control the timers, but it is not the same. Now I manually reset the timer, every time I turn on the transmitter, since you briefly have to have normal selected.)
Turn off Condition Warning and then you can turn it on with the hold switch on.
__________________
Edge Rotorblades
Thor/Voltz Batteries



450 Pro V-Bar
130X
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #36
rcjames
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,167
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fresno California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbplomp View Post
I am happy to see that Futaba has finally developed a new radio system. But I wonder about three things...
  • What is de size compare 8FG vs 10CG?
  • Ball bearings?
  • Model matching?
The size is very important to me. The 8FG is to small for my hands. The 10CG size is just fine. The 12FG feels perfectly in my hand!
Are you serious about model matching? They don't want to copy other and get sued. Futaba has a feature called Start selection which work well and it's a alternative. Of course all of radio they have that is in that price range will have ball bearings. Here is one of my video.

__________________
Hi my name is Jim and I am a Heliholic. Darn Heli-Crack Addiction!! lol
The heli virus has infected me and i hope that there is NO CURE!
rcjames is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #37
WBFAir
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Stamford, CT
Default

Hello Steve,

Don't know if this can be answered now and perhaps this is going way out on a idea, but I see the plug/port that is called the "Programming port & earphone jack"

Was just wondering if this is some kind of computer interface where we can use a PC to setup everything in the radio?

Or is this something to do with the feature called: Internal programmer for S.Bus servos


Btw just wanted to add my ++1 on the price for this baby.

Major features and all for that price....very very good.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #38
geekindenial
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Default

Hi Steve,

Just one more question about bearings on gimbals: with this new txt, similar to 8fg, it is dual bearing, does it mean 2 per gimbal (i.e. 1 per axel) or 2 per axel (4 per gimbal)?

Thanks a lot for your responses. I did try to some research but could not find any clear info anywhere.
geekindenial is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #39
wbplomp
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjames View Post
Are you serious about model matching? They don't want to copy other and get sued. Futaba has a feature called Start selection which work well and it's a alternative. Of course all of radio they have that is in that price range will have ball bearings.
This is intereseting as well. Thanks. I don't really mind if they call it something else. As long as a receiver with telemetry does not arm when you are using the wrong model. It is for your own safety as well. As far as I know from a friend of mine who has a 18MZ says the binding with telemetry receiver is different and it probably will not arm. But we have not tested it yet. Hopefully that does the trick.

The 14SG will probably have ball brearings as well. But the specifications on the Futaba website do not show it.
__________________
T-Rex 500E - JIVE 80+ LV + MINIPYRO 20-08 / BLS153 / CGY750 / BLS251
T-Rex 550E DFC - JIVE 100+ LV + PYRO 600-12 / DS610 / V-Bar / BLS251
T-Rex 700E DFC - ICE2 HV 120 + 750MX / BL700H / CGY750 / BL750H
wbplomp is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #40
kjoer
Registered Users
 
Posts: 351
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Venlo, The Netherlands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
Turn off Condition Warning and then you can turn it on with the hold switch on.
Thanks but that defies the use of Condition Warning :S. Again a workaround for a simple feature request.
__________________
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rzavelli/rc_heli.txt
kjoer is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics


Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com