Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #61
Atomic Skull
Registered Users

Phoenixtech has something similar. Doesn't seem to be a direct copy but the general idea is the same. They also have a conversion kit.

http://www.phoenixrctech.com/En/ProductView.asp?ID=160
Atomic Skull is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #62
jaofos
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Phoenixtech has something similar. Doesn't seem to be a direct copy but the general idea is the same. They also have a conversion kit.

http://www.phoenixrctech.com/En/ProductView.asp?ID=160
Now THAT is interesting. I think I may grab that conversion kit here soon and see how it goes. I absolutely love the layout of everything on that frame, and I've been wanting to get rid of the GF frames on my current T-Rex.

Link to the conversion kit (instead of the full heli): http://www.phoenixrctech.com/En/ProductView.asp?ID=169
Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #63
Spinnerdog
Registered Users

Battery location alone makes this frame a winner. Allows for 2 batteries for power or flight duration. Let us know when the frame is available for purchase.
Spinnerdog is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #64
italiano687
Registered Users

Thumbs up Ready

When you decide to produce this frame for sale please contact me.
italiano687 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #65
Excalibur3
Registered Users

Default My 12S T-Rex 500 aka JKK500HV

I like that kit but not the $350 price tag.
I would have dropped maybe $200 at most since it came with a TT drive so I would need to convert my belted tail to TT as well. Is that really the price ?
Also on a diff note whats with the haters. Who cares if its an optimal set up. Drag cars don't get good gas mileage but yet people still build them for the same reason as the OP "SPEED" more power to him. I love when people customize their helis on their own. Buy fabricating parts instead of buying pre-made upgrades. But thats just me. keep up the good work brother your in a small percentile that can do a mod like this. And it people like you that will push the big companies to keep up. Man that frame and Heli is cool. If your ever gonna sell it give me a call first.

Nano CPX,130X,TREX500DFC,
TREX550EFL, DX8
Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #66
DaveHolland
Registered Users

My HF Map location

2 things.

1. The kit is expensive but they also supply a conversion frame only for belt and TT. That kit is a whole $57 + shipping.

2. I think its very funny that I used to watch JKK Mobile all the time on youtube for tech updates before I even got into helis and now that I am here I see him again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cyclone Blades, Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries
Major Equipment Sponsor--AdventureRC--OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #67
npsk8ter
Registered Users

Looks awesome! Much props!
npsk8ter is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #68
jkkmobile
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Re: My 12S T-Rex 500 aka JKK500HV

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx View Post
2 things.

I think its very funny that I used to watch JKK Mobile all the time on youtube for tech updates before I even got into helis and now that I am here I see him again.
Heh, cool to hear that

I wish i had time to make more videos but my real work, family and helis are taking my time now.

Thanks for other commenters too!

I might be going open source on this heli as i just don't seem to have the time to get it done other ways..

..or is there anyone with a cnc willing to make the frames and servo brackets to others?

Spektrum DX8 - Phoenix R/C
jkkmobile is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #69
DCflyer
Registered Users

So cool. I think the best idea I read was to contact Align. Have you done that? In fact you should contact Alan Szabo Jr. and BOTH of you guys should approach Align. He'd totally back this sort of thing because he's a sponsored pilot and he'd KILL it at competitions with this kind of setup.

They have the resources and client base and you have a fantastic idea. Unless you are planning to quit your job, start your own company, and produce these full time I think partnering with Align and getting royalties to th tune of a possible 5 or even 6 figure sum sounds like a damn good deal. Get these into production quickly and everyone benefits.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #70
DaveHolland
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkmobile View Post
Heh, cool to hear that

I wish i had time to make more videos but my real work, family and helis are taking my time now.

Thanks for other commenters too!

I might be going open source on this heli as i just don't seem to have the time to get it done other ways..

..or is there anyone with a cnc willing to make the frames and servo brackets to others?

If you do go in on producing your design I will place an order.

A 12s 500 is a really niche product. In a smaller heli people usually want simplicity that comes with 6s charging. Not a lot of small heli flyers have the setup to charge 12s easily and quickly. Though there will be a big section of pilots who want the top performance that this 12s design can give you. I for one would like the added power and can handle 12s charging.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cyclone Blades, Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries
Major Equipment Sponsor--AdventureRC--OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #71
Dejavu*Xion
Registered Users

Thats just flat out Sick...You can out out run UF0'S with that set up And stop a a dime waiting for them to catch up. I want one.

And yes. get in touch with Alan Szabo And you guys brain storm this..Dont let some chump company steal your thunder and ideas.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #72
Gladius
Registered Users

I just watched the "Killing the Batts" video.

That heli doesn't really fly... it just moves the sky around it! That is the most insane thing I've ever seen.

<> Trex 600 ESP, Trex 500 ESP FBL, MCPX BL <>
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #73
Trexwilly
Registered Users

Serious power that has...
Old 12-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #74
lelek72
Registered Users

Default 500 ка

Можно ли найти полную версию чертежей рамы для этой 500 ки ?
lelek72 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.