Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

Old 05-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #1161
Blayd
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, thanks for the reply....It just came today. before it got here, I had set up my servo to center in rate, then centered my tail slider, ( gives me 0 pitch on the tail) and then I hooked my linkage rod. I read the manual twice and it lost me when it says to make sure to have 8 of pitch for rotation compensation. Does this actually mean, make sure you can get 8 of pitch from hub to hub? Or as I had asked, do I need to dial in 8 of pitch in rate to compensate for roatation. Sorry but I'm confused. I also assume, the ds760 like most gyros can face any direction as long as the label is up? I had planned on setting it either with the label readable from the tail direction looking forward, or the opposite.. the label readable from the nose looking to the tail.
Thanks and sorry for the noob questions.....

Mike
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #1162
crashagain
Registered Users

The way you want to mount the gyro is fine.
Some people setup the 8deg, others don't. As I said I never messed with the 8 deg and have not had any problems. It's a kind of Ford VS Chevy argument... It will work either way, it's a personal setup thing..
the manual is refering to having 8deg of pitch at the servos neutral position. Not at the end of travel each way.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #1163
Blayd
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the repy, I dont fly in rate, and I'm assuming the 8 was preffered set up in rate? I had 90'd the servo arm witht the gyro in rate, and centered the slider. I fly in HH so I think the gyro will compensate. Maybe.....Anyway.. thanks for the replies.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #1164
patelis
Registered Users

thanks
patelis is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #1165
jdfelosi
Registered Users

got a ds760 for my rex500 and all of the files in bert's post are dead-links, does anyone have the 500 template? probably don't need it, but was wanting to see it for reference purposes.
jdfelosi is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #1166
ttaylor
Registered Users

Default Ds760 Gyro

I've watched all of Finless video's on getting the DS760 gyro into programming mode & it just won't go into the program mode. I'am using a JR 12X radio. I binded with the rudder stick all way to left. When i switch on radio power & hold rudder stick to left & toggle the switch the lights don't blink. What am i doing wrong here. Its driving me nuts...
ttaylor is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #1167
mario1969
Registered Users

Please I can not see the video of the setting spartan ds760 give me a hand. Thanks Mario
mario1969 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support