START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Gscott
Registered Users

Default X50 tail buzzing

I have been having an issue with my x50 that I can't track down. The tail makes a loud buzzing under load. I have tried numerous tail blades and even mounted an Align v2 hub and grips but the issue still persists. Today I noticed play with the rear input gear assembly in the tail case. I can move the gear in and out about 1mm and I can also spin the bearing in the tail case. I disassembled the tail tonight and noticed the bearings and spacer for the input bevel gear are not a tight fit in the tail case. Anyone else have this issue? How tight should the bearings and spacer fit in the tail case?
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
tr911
Registered Users

It sounds like the drive shaft is fluttering. Check your bearing placement and may be even add another bearing to the shaft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Titan x50 FBL, R50 Titan SE FBL, R50 V2, R30 V2 , Trex500, T-Rex 450x2, mCPx X2,
tr911 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Elgyn
Registered Users

Mine had a similar probem then I heard that the X50's have insufficient torque tube support so I did the double bearing up grade almost right away. Never had a probelm since
Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #4
dede60
Registered Users

Hi! I have the same problem that you and I would like to know if a washer 6x10x1.0 will help to fix the problem or if it's too big?
dede60 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
jinxjx
Registered Users

hi there, have a look at this if you haven't already....Post #30....might help....and also the 2nd link......

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....ht=torque+tube

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....ht=start+shaft
jinxjx is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #6
skytrekin
Registered Users

If you read my posts in this thread you can see where I had to remove some of the start shaft length as it was rubbing on the crankshaft. Pictures included.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=568841

The X50 is a great flying heli, with some of these things to check you can avoid some of the issues people sometimes have.
skytrekin is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
Rob43
Registered Users

I've had tail buzzing before in my other helis. I had noticed it after touching tail blades in the grass. It turned out to be a bent tail hub in my case. I was unable to see the deformation, but swapping it out came from the advice of a friend who knew of this. Sure enough...quiet and smooth once I swapped it out. If you bumped the tail in a landing, it's worth investigating.
Rob43 is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters