Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X


300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
macz636
Registered Users
 
Posts: 447
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delaware
Default Anyone pics of 130x 300x side by side?

Just want to see a size comparison b/t the 2..still debating on which one to get..I heard the 130x not the best build..
macz636 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
super bad
Registered Users
 
Posts: 851
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA Watauga Texas
Default

the 130 x is just fine with a few miner tweeks mine flies fine i have not done all the mods they say it needs but its good the way it is there is a lot of bad talk about it but mine dose great and im a newbie and i can fly it so it cant be all that bad
super bad is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
LVeillon
Registered Users
 
Posts: 409
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lat: 30.458283 Long: -91.140320
Default

Neither really are...You buy Blade for economical benefit and not for quality build.

One is no better than the other and if you love R&D work you will absolutely love these two.

I'm still amazed at the huge draw of the Blade heli and don't know why people will buy something so cheap and spend the cost of the heli in upgrades and crazy amounts of time in forums discussing how to get it flying better out of the box.

Do yourself a favor and put the $379 into something else even if it's a clean used heli. There are several X2's that are BNF for maybe $50 more and are 10x the heli that any Blade Heli of any size will be.

Many argue that the Blades allow you to learn things that you would never do with a bigger heli...Not really! You still only do them with the cheap heli because when you go attempt the same things with the bigger or more powerful heli it scares the hell out of you and you find out that there is a Huge difference in the two types of heli.

Yes...I'm no fan of the tupperware helis as you are much better off with a Simulator!
__________________
Lane
LVeillon is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
macz636
Registered Users
 
Posts: 447
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delaware
Default

I think I'll start off smaller to get orientation down better..I can get a 300x with dx6i for $475 and 2 batteries vs $395 dx6i 3 batteries for 130x seems the 300 be the better deal.
macz636 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
edjo69
Registered Users
 
Posts: 363
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Collins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVeillon View Post
Neither really are...You buy Blade for economical benefit and not for quality build.

One is no better than the other and if you love R&D work you will absolutely love these two.

I'm still amazed at the huge draw of the Blade heli and don't know why people will buy something so cheap and spend the cost of the heli in upgrades and crazy amounts of time in forums discussing how to get it flying better out of the box.

Do yourself a favor and put the $379 into something else even if it's a clean used heli. There are several X2's that are BNF for maybe $50 more and are 10x the heli that any Blade Heli of any size will be.

Many argue that the Blades allow you to learn things that you would never do with a bigger heli...Not really! You still only do them with the cheap heli because when you go attempt the same things with the bigger or more powerful heli it scares the hell out of you and you find out that there is a Huge difference in the two types of heli.

Yes...I'm no fan of the tupperware helis as you are much better off with a Simulator!

Why do you even come to the Blade forums?????
__________________
MSRX, Nano CPx (2), 130X (5), 300X
DX8
ZX 1400
edjo69 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #6
macz636
Registered Users
 
Posts: 447
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delaware
Default

Wow u have 5 130's..what do u like better the 300 or the 130..lol..
macz636 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #7
65L88
Registered Users
 
Posts: 4,087
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clearwater, Idaho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVeillon View Post
Neither really are...You buy Blade for economical benefit and not for quality build.

One is no better than the other and if you love R&D work you will absolutely love these two.

I'm still amazed at the huge draw of the Blade heli and don't know why people will buy something so cheap and spend the cost of the heli in upgrades and crazy amounts of time in forums discussing how to get it flying better out of the box.

Do yourself a favor and put the $379 into something else even if it's a clean used heli. There are several X2's that are BNF for maybe $50 more and are 10x the heli that any Blade Heli of any size will be.

Many argue that the Blades allow you to learn things that you would never do with a bigger heli...Not really! You still only do them with the cheap heli because when you go attempt the same things with the bigger or more powerful heli it scares the hell out of you and you find out that there is a Huge difference in the two types of heli.

Yes...I'm no fan of the tupperware helis as you are much better off with a Simulator!
I'm a little curious if you own or have owned a 130X or a 300X. Just wondering, as your tone seems a bit condescending and your words perhaps a trifle insulting to us know nothings who would waste our hard earned dollars on a Blade product.... Never mind that there is a large proportion of us who own and fly considerably larger and presumably more sophisticated helis than the 130X or 300X.......

That said, my 130Xs fill a niche that no other heli can. I can step out in my back yard and fly whenever the weather is good enough and I have daylight. I have to travel to have adequate room to fly my bigger helis, even the 300X (along with my 250) is a little big for the space I have. Point is, I get a lot more flying in with the 130X than I possibly could with any other heli in my fleet, and as a result, my flying has improved much more with it than it ever would have without it. And, yes I have a simulator, and it helps, but the fact is, it's not the same as actually flying....
__________________
MARTY
Team Newb pilot
Trex 500 fbl -Tarot 450 Pro fbl- 300X - 130X X3- mCPX brushless X3-Nano cPX X 2- Nano QX
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
edjo69
Registered Users
 
Posts: 363
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Collins
Default

Right now being cold as all get out, the 130!! I like them both, I am partial to smaller heli's so probably the 130x, and I like to fiddle! I can fly the 130x in my basement to a limited degree and it is a very fun helicopter with great responsiveness and decent power. The 300x is actually also a really nice size for me, I can hop over to the local park and fly, back yard circuits etc...The 300x is a great value in terms of what you get, you basically get a helicopter for $100 while purchasing a 7200BX which is a great FBL controller, transplant-able to any heli in your future should you move up from the 300. I like them both, for different reasons, glad to have them both. If I had to choose though........
__________________
MSRX, Nano CPx (2), 130X (5), 300X
DX8
ZX 1400
edjo69 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 AM   #9
Supertuna
Registered Users
 
Posts: 623
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Adelaide,Australia
Default

Here you go.....
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	373132
Blade 130x....Blade 300x.....Trex 450!
__________________
Blade mCPx BL,130X, 250 SE,300x,Trex 450, Building - Goblin 500 Scorpion HKIII-4020-1100KV.
Spectrum DX8

Last edited by Supertuna; 12-11-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Supertuna is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #10
LVeillon
Registered Users
 
Posts: 409
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lat: 30.458283 Long: -91.140320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjo69 View Post
Why do you even come to the Blade forums?????
It showed up on my New Post list along with the other 50 blade heli threads...

I've owned 4 different Blade heli's and I finally figured out that it's just not worth it in the long run and I figured that someone should say why they thought it wasn't worth the money in the long run...

Unless of course you like to tinker and chase quality problems with upgrades.


That's all...
__________________
Lane
LVeillon is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #11
LVeillon
Registered Users
 
Posts: 409
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lat: 30.458283 Long: -91.140320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65L88 View Post
I'm a little curious if you own or have owned a 130X or a 300X. Just wondering, as your tone seems a bit condescending and your words perhaps a trifle insulting to us know nothings who would waste our hard earned dollars on a Blade product.... Never mind that there is a large proportion of us who own and fly considerably larger and presumably more sophisticated helis than the 130X or 300X.......

That said, my 130Xs fill a niche that no other heli can. I can step out in my back yard and fly whenever the weather is good enough and I have daylight. I have to travel to have adequate room to fly my bigger helis, even the 300X (along with my 250) is a little big for the space I have. Point is, I get a lot more flying in with the 130X than I possibly could with any other heli in my fleet, and as a result, my flying has improved much more with it than it ever would have without it. And, yes I have a simulator, and it helps, but the fact is, it's not the same as actually flying....
I haven't owned a130x, but came close to buying a few times to try it and decide to put that money into better equipment!

I also owned the 300x for about a week and returned it again because of the horrible quality. The frames were mushy and they were/still are dropping out of the sky for various reasons.

Do other helis have these problems?!!! Yes of course they do...Does Horizon have great customer service? Yes they do because they have to for all the support needed.

Horizon is selling its customers down the road in my opinion with minimal quality and Many...Many Too Many new helis! Why would I say this? Because most local hobby shops will tell you that they just can't keep up with the amount of new helis coming out and also stock parts for them. In the last half of this year there has been what...5 new Blade helis announced or released?

The comments aren't to purely piss you off and if I had to choose one to fly for some fun it would be the 130x with lots of spare gears. Only because it bounces! The 300 has a multitude of problems that I'm sure all you hard working guys will figure out for them and for that I salute you.

Honestly it's not in Horizon's best engine to release solid helis like the Protos or Gaui because they don't need upgrades to fly deep into 3D skills.

That's It...Flame Away
__________________
Lane
LVeillon is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #12
koi-fish
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,340
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston (League City), TX
Default

This is the only pic I have at present, look to right:

__________________
/ Nano, 130x, 300x/Ikon, Gaui X3, X4 II, x5, 450x, 550X, DX9, Harley Road King/Sportster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"It's not getting any smarter out there, you have to come to grips with stupidity and make it work for you" - Frank Zappa
koi-fish is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #13
koi-fish
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,340
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston (League City), TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVeillon View Post
I haven't owned a130x, but came close to buying a few times to try it and decide to put that money into better equipment!

I also owned the 300x for about a week and returned it again because of the horrible quality. The frames were mushy and they were/still are dropping out of the sky for various reasons.

Do other helis have these problems?!!! Yes of course they do...Does Horizon have great customer service? Yes they do because they have to for all the support needed.

Horizon is selling its customers down the road in my opinion with minimal quality and Many...Many Too Many new helis! Why would I say this? Because most local hobby shops will tell you that they just can't keep up with the amount of new helis coming out and also stock parts for them. In the last half of this year there has been what...5 new Blade helis announced or released?

The comments aren't to purely piss you off and if I had to choose one to fly for some fun it would be the 130x with lots of spare gears. Only because it bounces! The 300 has a multitude of problems that I'm sure all you hard working guys will figure out for them and for that I salute you.

Honestly it's not in Horizon's best engine to release solid helis like the Protos or Gaui because they don't need upgrades to fly deep into 3D skills.

That's It...Flame Away
meh, I havent stripped a single gear in nearly 150 flights between my pair of 130x. This is including one hard crash on concrete and one where rotor blades clipped a tree branch and the bird ended up in the grass. Both of them only required minimal tweaks out of the box, but what heli doesnt? The 300x, havent flown it enough yet to have a deep opinion of it, but when I was able to purchase an ENTIRE bird minus beastx virtually unused for only little over $100 last week I was sold on the type.

Blade helis fit the bill for me because I don't want to spend a lot of money on a higher quality bird yet, and they have good enough quality and customer service. As for all the new stuff coming out, I learned to quit drinking the kool aid (same with unnecessary bling). Not getting any more different types now for a while. When I do, some will get sold and, I think, I will be trying out a Gaui 200 size.
__________________
/ Nano, 130x, 300x/Ikon, Gaui X3, X4 II, x5, 450x, 550X, DX9, Harley Road King/Sportster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"It's not getting any smarter out there, you have to come to grips with stupidity and make it work for you" - Frank Zappa
koi-fish is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
edjo69
Registered Users
 
Posts: 363
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Collins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVeillon View Post
I haven't owned a130x, but came close to buying a few times to try it and decide to put that money into better equipment!

I also owned the 300x for about a week and returned it again because of the horrible quality. The frames were mushy and they were/still are dropping out of the sky for various reasons.

Do other helis have these problems?!!! Yes of course they do...Does Horizon have great customer service? Yes they do because they have to for all the support needed.

Horizon is selling its customers down the road in my opinion with minimal quality and Many...Many Too Many new helis! Why would I say this? Because most local hobby shops will tell you that they just can't keep up with the amount of new helis coming out and also stock parts for them. In the last half of this year there has been what...5 new Blade helis announced or released?

The comments aren't to purely piss you off and if I had to choose one to fly for some fun it would be the 130x with lots of spare gears. Only because it bounces! The 300 has a multitude of problems that I'm sure all you hard working guys will figure out for them and for that I salute you.

Honestly it's not in Horizon's best engine to release solid helis like the Protos or Gaui because they don't need upgrades to fly deep into 3D skills.

That's It...Flame Away
Again I ask; why do you hang out in the Blade forums if you are so anti-Blade. I am just curios, do you like to talk down about Blade, or just like to try and make Blade flyers feel that they have inferior products or do you work for the competition or something? Do you jump up on the stump and tell people which automobiles you think suck too?
__________________
MSRX, Nano CPx (2), 130X (5), 300X
DX8
ZX 1400
edjo69 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
macz636
Registered Users
 
Posts: 447
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delaware
Default

Wow nice selection of birds..I saw a video of a 130x look like it fell 200ft and it spooled right up and flyin smooth...might be a good bird to get my feet wet again..
macz636 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
65L88
Registered Users
 
Posts: 4,087
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clearwater, Idaho
Default

Here's a side by side pic so you can see the scale....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0560.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	373779  
__________________
MARTY
Team Newb pilot
Trex 500 fbl -Tarot 450 Pro fbl- 300X - 130X X3- mCPX brushless X3-Nano cPX X 2- Nano QX
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #17
cajkat1073
Registered Users
 
Posts: 546
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisville, kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVeillon View Post
Neither really are...You buy Blade for economical benefit and not for quality build.

One is no better than the other and if you love R&D work you will absolutely love these two.

I'm still amazed at the huge draw of the Blade heli and don't know why people will buy something so cheap and spend the cost of the heli in upgrades and crazy amounts of time in forums discussing how to get it flying better out of the box.

Do yourself a favor and put the $379 into something else even if it's a clean used heli. There are several X2's that are BNF for maybe $50 more and are 10x the heli that any Blade Heli of any size will be.

Many argue that the Blades allow you to learn things that you would never do with a bigger heli...Not really! You still only do them with the cheap heli because when you go attempt the same things with the bigger or more powerful heli it scares the hell out of you and you find out that there is a Huge difference in the two types of heli.

Yes...I'm no fan of the tupperware helis as you are much better off with a Simulator!
What about repair cost. You can learn lots with a 130 with VERY low repair costs. I don't know any other heli other than the 130 and MCPx that can fly a few 100 flights with 20 or 30 crashes and only have 25 or 30 dollars invested in repairs. I know many people with a stock 130 no extra money invested and they fly great. In fact go to IRCHA and see how many team pilots have a 130 for fun. As to the original question they both fly pretty good but for a beginner if money is an issue the 130 is better. Yes they are close in price but the 130 will save you a few 100 over time in repairs. It's hard to find something you can slam in the ground stand it up and take off again.
__________________
Alees Rush 700, Alees Rush 750, Goblin 500, Goblin 770, 6HV, Trex 600DFC, Trex 500DFC, 130X
cajkat1073 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
Bisso
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Paris, ,France
Default


Front to back: 130x / trex 250 / 300x


Bottom to top: nano cpx, mcpx BL, 130x, trex 250, 300x (without canopy), trex 500
Bisso is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #19
macz636
Registered Users
 
Posts: 447
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delaware
Default

Thx a bunch..I got a price for a 450x for $525 with dx6i xtra battery and tx case hmmm..money isn't a big issue more of comfort. Nice fleet!!
macz636 is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X


300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com