Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters


Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
norstaroption
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,552
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pacifica California
Default Mikado One Piece Yoke

Can I use this 1 piece yoke for the Logo 600 3D and SE?

http://readyheli.com/MIK4619-Mikado-...X_p_40943.html
__________________
Down to 2 heli's now.... Getting out!
norstaroption is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
dahld
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bakersfield, California, USA
Default

Yes. When Kyle was first testing the new SX head (confirming the dampening was good and it flew nice), all we did was bolt it onto a standard Logo 600, still using the stock swash plate driver.

With the old stock head, there is a space on the main shaft between the bottom of the head yoke and the swash driver. All that happens when adding the new SX head to the stock arrangement, is that because the new head yoke is taller, there's just less (or no) space between the bottom of the head yoke and the swash driver.

Works fine.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
ke6d
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,477
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Milpitas, CA
Default

What is the difference between this and the one mentioned above?

http://readyheli.com/MIK4631-Mikado-...0_p_40881.html

I used this on my Logo 600. It is working fine.
__________________
Current Fleet: TRex-700/500/450/250 Vbar, Logo 600SE/600/500 VBar, Outrage Fusion 50/G5 VBar/FB, Blade mCPx x 2
ke6d is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
dahld
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bakersfield, California, USA
Default

They are the same, except the #4631 looks like it includes all the dampeners, spacers, screws etc., where the #4619 looks like it's just the head yoke.

You really need the #4631 to do the conversion, as the standard dampeners etc. won't work on the SX head.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
AndrewJHawes
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fitzroy North, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Default MIK4631 any other parts needed to convert 500se

Dear all,
With the MIK4631 set including dampers, can I convert my 500se head by using existing bearings etc, without any further parts?
Is this head with the new dampers any stiffer than standard 500se head? I certainly like the look of this one piece set, and helps a tiny bit in set-up after maintenance repair with phasing.
Your opinions would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Andy
AndrewJHawes is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Johnda
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: England
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJHawes View Post
Dear all,
With the MIK4631 set including dampers, can I convert my 500se head by using existing bearings etc, without any further parts?
Is this head with the new dampers any stiffer than standard 500se head? I certainly like the look of this one piece set, and helps a tiny bit in set-up after maintenance repair with phasing.
Your opinions would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Andy
I think with MIK4631 you still need to use your original swash driver
Johnda is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
khermit
Registered Users
 
Posts: 87
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
They are the same, except the #4631 looks like it includes all the dampeners, spacers, screws etc., where the #4619 looks like it's just the head yoke.

You really need the #4631 to do the conversion, as the standard dampeners etc. won't work on the SX head.

(-: Dave
Other than the additional parts that come with #4631, it does not allow for the swashplate driver arms to be fixed directly onto it. The holes have a countersunk screw hole on it.

Whereas for the #4619, the holes are flushed.

The #4637 super upgrade combo also comes with holes flushed.

I have no idea why Mikado does this...
__________________
Mikado Logo 600SE - Pyro 700-45L, HELIJIVE, VBar Blueline, Futaba BLS253s, MKS HBL980, Edge blades
Mikado Logo 400 - KDE Neu 1708H/1Y-N42, KOBY 90, VBar Blueline, Futaba S9650s, MKS BLS990, CY blades
Spektrum DX8
khermit is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
el guapo
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,229
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: san jose, California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khermit View Post
Other than the additional parts that come with #4631, it does not allow for the swashplate driver arms to be fixed directly onto it. The holes have a countersunk screw hole on it.
yup.
__________________
Greg
Lynx Team Pilot
Heli: Logo 500; TDR; Trex700E; Blade 130X
Flight video:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
el guapo is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #9
norstaroption
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,552
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pacifica California
Default

I want to upgrade my Logo 600SE so I don't have to worry about phasing but not sure which one to purchase or if it is even possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Down to 2 heli's now.... Getting out!
norstaroption is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #10
el guapo
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,229
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: san jose, California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norstaroption View Post
I want to upgrade my Logo 600SE so I don't have to worry about phasing but not sure which one to purchase or if it is even possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the one piece head doesn't eliminate the phasing adjustment by itself. basically your main shaft is to long. and the one piece head will be too far away from the swash-plate. the rocker arms won't reach the swash to drive it, they might reach but they'll be at a very strang angle... the SX conversion kits(MIK4637) include a "shorter" main shaft that lowers the head and lets you attach the rocker arms directly to the one piece head. but I don't think anyone has recommended lowering the head on an SE yet. there could be a risk of bomb strike on the SE.
__________________
Greg
Lynx Team Pilot
Heli: Logo 500; TDR; Trex700E; Blade 130X
Flight video:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
el guapo is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
norstaroption
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,552
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pacifica California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by el guapo View Post
the one piece head doesn't eliminate the phasing adjustment by itself. basically your main shaft is to long. and the one piece head will be too far away from the swash-plate. the rocker arms won't reach the swash to drive it, they might reach but they'll be at a very strang angle... the SX conversion kits(MIK4637) include a "shorter" main shaft that lowers the head and lets you attach the rocker arms directly to the one piece head. but I don't think anyone has recommended lowering the head on an SE yet. there could be a risk of bomb strike on the SE.
Oh I see, then I'll stick with the stock head then. I'll just use the vbar software to adjust it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Down to 2 heli's now.... Getting out!
norstaroption is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
el guapo
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,229
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: san jose, California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norstaroption View Post
Oh I see, then I'll stick with the stock head then. I'll just use the vbar software to adjust it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vbar software is in 5 degree increments. may not be fine enough depending on how sensitive you are to phase. I just make the link between the swash and the grips parallel with the main shaft.
__________________
Greg
Lynx Team Pilot
Heli: Logo 500; TDR; Trex700E; Blade 130X
Flight video:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
el guapo is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #13
mhills51
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,284
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO..
Default

OK here is the deal! the upgrade head is just the head. You still need to use your swashplate driver separately. All it does is make it a two piece head instead of three. If you get the SX head that puts the swashplate drivers on it you will also have to get the SX shaft and the linkage.
mhills51 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:14 AM   #14
TommyBear
HF MR Support
 
Posts: 1,624
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia
Default

I have done the SX conversion on my SE. No boom strike yet.



__________________
Lynh,
minicopter
Diabolo S #18

minicopter 550
TommyBear is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
mhills51
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,284
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO..
Default

Looks really bright lol! What motor are you running?
mhills51 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
Mentalic
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,907
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBear View Post
I have done the SX conversion on my SE. No boom strike yet.
Sounds good, I'm doing the same SE to SE-X conversion. Just waiting on the metal grips to come in.
__________________
Wayne Armstrong

Team Mikado USA
Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo Uvular / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
mhills51
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,284
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO..
Default

Just a question, why the metal grips? I have only seen the plastic ones fail because of needed washers being omitted.
mhills51 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #18
TommyBear
HF MR Support
 
Posts: 1,624
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Looks really bright lol! What motor are you running?
Hi I am using a pyro 52 with jive 120 HV and 690 mm CY Radix blades and 106 rails tails.

PS it doubles as my night flyer for XMAS.

__________________
Lynh,
minicopter
Diabolo S #18

minicopter 550
TommyBear is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #19
Mentalic
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,907
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Just a question, why the metal grips? I have only seen the plastic ones fail because of needed washers being omitted.
The stock plastic grips have a RPM limit and on occasion just for flat out speed I run 2100 on my SE swinging 690's. Right now I'm running an all metal RJX head on the SE.
__________________
Wayne Armstrong

Team Mikado USA
Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo Uvular / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #20
mhills51
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,284
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO..
Default

Got it all thanks! Mine has yet to leave the ground. It is my winter project. All the guy's in our club fly logo's so I felt the pressure lol! but I always have to be different. Mine is a CF with kds tail, Vbar SX head. Building it to run 550's or 600's M1 gear 4025 730kv motor 15t pinion. I'm building it for soft 3D. I'll stick to my 500pro for getting crazy.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Being winter other than a club meeting once a month. I get no info.
tried to send a pic, but helifreak is blocking because of all the viruses it's fighting.


Last edited by mhills51; 12-22-2012 at 09:56 PM..
mhills51 is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters


Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com