Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahh I see. I did not buy the kit with blades. I bought a set of Radix 430mm FB blades for it.
rudyy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear about your crash Carl, (and everyone else, ughh) I'm a little upset to hear of these problems. First time I bought a "New" release kit. Purchased first run on Brain fbl unit and at least MSH was handling and staying on top of issues. Corrado himself was responding to problems. Thought Gaui was a more reputable co. I have been very happy with MSH but wanted my first nitro.Figured Gaui should do a good job since x series has been around for a while now, took a shot w/nx4.
I'm going to take my time and not rush into flying this heli, doing a slow build and hopefully find the right combination of parts to make it right.
If I wanted to upgrade out of the box I would have gotten a Trex! Couple little items here and there , you don't mind,boom support,even better fuel line, but upgrading a cnc slider,,thats bull*&^* I got full kit w blades also, now feel like i wasted the extra cha ching.
Wish you all good luck and thank you for posting the warnings, hopefully won't be too many other mishaps.
Gaui should man up and at least offer some replacement parts, if it was a bad run, send new parts to the users, if defective design,,,FIX IT!
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickr1 View Post
Sorry to hear about your crash Carl, (and everyone else, ughh) I'm a little upset to hear of these problems. First time I bought a "New" release kit. Purchased first run on Brain fbl unit and at least MSH was handling and staying on top of issues. Corrado himself was responding to problems. Thought Gaui was a more reputable co. I have been very happy with MSH but wanted my first nitro.Figured Gaui should do a good job since x series has been around for a while now, took a shot w/nx4.
I'm going to take my time and not rush into flying this heli, doing a slow build and hopefully find the right combination of parts to make it right.
If I wanted to upgrade out of the box I would have gotten a Trex! Couple little items here and there , you don't mind,boom support,even better fuel line, but upgrading a cnc slider,,thats bull*&^* I got full kit w blades also, now feel like i wasted the extra cha ching.
Wish you all good luck and thank you for posting the warnings, hopefully won't be too many other mishaps.
Gaui should man up and at least offer some replacement parts, if it was a bad run, send new parts to the users, if defective design,,,FIX IT!
You know, I hear the "upgrade" thing a lot about Align products, but I'll be honest with you... I've been flying a 600Pro for over a year now. I have racked up over 700 flights with it with 8 flight packs... and I fly the piss out of it every time (see video). The only thing I "upgraded" on it mechanically was QuickUK magnetic canopy clips and Edge blades. Other than that, its bone stock.

That machine has seen two hard crashes and a couple minor ones and I rebuilt it using stock Align parts. I never bought into the "DFC" craze, so it has the stock regular FBL head on it. The only thing I've replaced on it are bearings, dampers, and some worn out links. That's it. So take it for whatever its worth, but I go on experience...and at least with the 600Pro, my experience has been fantastic with the stock kit. I can't say the same for this NX4.

Old video from Feb. this year (mechanically bone stock 600Pro):
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGGQOrelVY[/ame]
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agree, my T-Rex 700 has been a work horse. I am getting more disappointed as I bought another kit for spares to find more are having the pitch slider fail. Agh. Maybe I will just keep the T-Rex 600 on. It flies fine and also have the hub on the inner hole of the tail shaft.

While Bobby's video was good I also was annoyed at "don't use this get rid of that." I also bought it with blades. My guess is he really had very little input into the final release. But a new heli with a new design using "proven X4 partA really should not be failing like this.

Well I guess that is what it is buying a newly released model. God knows I have been there many times with the Kyosho Nexus, early trex 450s, the shogun. Ahhhhhhh

I am still loving this little nitro bird. We just gotta get this stuff figured out. Gonna email Gaui on my pitch slider and send pics. Hopefully they will respond with a fix... Gotta say Align is pretty quick on getting their new parts and fixes out.

PS. Great vid Caralmar

tauseef
Old 12-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sux! I hate to see that. I wonder how hard it would be to make a new bushing out of steel? Looks easy enough, but I wonder what thread pitch?
Glenn Goodlett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Video Looks good, Not trashing align, just not my cup of tea, most of the upgrade cracks are meant toward the 500. Good friend has 600 e and 600n and flies the snot out of them w/no probs. Not too many nitros to choose from size of nx4. I was looking for a small grab and go heli. With winter hrs, if I get home early enough to fly, don't have time to charge and fly.
That's why I went for small nitro. Hope all the bugs work out soon,,Looking at my Logo400 slider,, wondering if it will work . Would need to change the links,,it's a possability
Old 12-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just check out and 500 slider will not work because of the difference in diameter in the tail shaft. Need a Trex 550E/600N slider (H60077A)?
Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

If this was a Miniature Aircraft they would step up and take care of this issues.But we are crash test dummies for gaui now.
bobbyra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I knew this pitch slider problem sounded familiar. The X5 forum folks have the same problem:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=310904
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=315891

Can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet!

Carlos.
AMA #934662
Old 12-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's simply crappy. Nothing more nothing less

tauseef
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This really sucks, I'm going to replace the sleeve with trex 600 before I maiden mine. This pitch slider crap should not be an issue considering they dealt with it on earlier models.

So far the upgrade before even one drop of fuel.

* Fuel tubing
*Missing ball end for throttle
*Warped fan
*Stripped screw heads
*Pitch slider because I don't trust the Gaui version.
*Reinforce canopy grommet area
vteknical is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just put a logo400 pitch slider and blade grips on mine just to be safe.
bobbyra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

600N slider on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	374031  
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyra View Post
I just put a logo400 pitch slider and blade grips on mine just to be safe.
can you post a pick? I was considering same thing. Did you swap out the links also?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Brass is a weak metal and easy to break. Maybe another material would be better to use but I have over 250 fligths on our X5 without a problem. One issue I see is that the op has crashed the heli and that or putting the tail into the dirt can and will weaken the tail slider. Out of all the kits the they've sold we have 3 that say theirs have broke. Then align is praised in here. I dont get it. Just look through the align forums at all the issues. A new kit will present with issues. Its just the nature of this hobby. Some things are never fixed. I have not found any brand that does not have some issue from the start. I will also state that it seems no matter the brand of heli some people are never satisfied and never happy. This is by no means an attack on anyone. It is just what I observe in every forum on here and even at the events. Once one person starts bashing other join in that havent even flown a kit or dont even have the heli. If you want a brand with issues and the manufacturer wont fix or give any help with then get an ElyQ. You will be proud to fly another brand and deal with the smaller issues that arrive. At least with the better brands you do get feedback and support.

I have been flying an align 600 pro since it was released. It was plauged with issues. My tail slider broke in flight on it and I didnt run to the forum complaining. I fixed it and still fly it today. I have had some issues and still do.

I have an ElyQ V50E. It has several issues from the start and the company is nowhere to be heard from. They completely ignore the US Team and do nothing to help and fix issues.

I also have a Gaui X5. No major issues in over 250 flights. Team support has been the best. This is my nephews heli and I have to say the way he is treated by Team Gaui is awesome. They help him in every way and coach him on the flight line. If I have any questions I can call or email any of the Gaui guys and they take care of what I need. I just got my servos for my nx4 so it will be in the air soon. I have an X7 on the way

Ive owned other brands of helis as well.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyy View Post
600N slider on.
Direct fit? Full travel?
Old 12-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

It does not quite work well with the NX4 slider, the ball will come out of it at one end if the travel is too extreme.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are my pics. I had figured maybe with my first crash maybe it stressed the piece but now I see it is a problem. Again never in 25 years have I broken this one piece. It is not a piece you want to break in flight ;(

Two boards burned out in my 130x heli and Horizon sent me new ones with no questions asked and next day! When I was talking to the guy he said they sold 7000 the first day (if I recall my number right) and said sure they have had a few burn out but not like 700-800 enough to do any recall. So I wonder with the amount of X4 and NX4s sold if they find this is a real problem to change it. I would think if they thought that they would have an upgraded part and we would have this in the kit. I am still going to write Gaui tonight.

Anyway T-Rex 600 pitch slider does fit with mild modification.

1) I used the bushing that came in the kit for the servos to drop the ball down, see pic
2) move the tail hub to the inner hole on the tail shaft.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by willlig756 View Post
Brass is a weak metal and easy to break. Maybe another material would be better to use but I have over 250 fligths on our X5 without a problem. One issue I see is that the op has crashed the heli and that or putting the tail into the dirt can and will weaken the tail slider. Out of all the kits the they've sold we have 3 that say theirs have broke. Then align is praised in here. I dont get it. Just look through the align forums at all the issues. A new kit will present with issues. Its just the nature of this hobby. Some things are never fixed. I have not found any brand that does not have some issue from the start. I will also state that it seems no matter the brand of heli some people are never satisfied and never happy. This is by no means an attack on anyone. It is just what I observe in every forum on here and even at the events. Once one person starts bashing other join in that havent even flown a kit or dont even have the heli. If you want a brand with issues and the manufacturer wont fix or give any help with then get an ElyQ. You will be proud to fly another brand and deal with the smaller issues that arrive. At least with the better brands you do get feedback and support.

I have been flying an align 600 pro since it was released. It was plauged with issues. My tail slider broke in flight on it and I didnt run to the forum complaining. I fixed it and still fly it today. I have had some issues and still do.

I have an ElyQ V50E. It has several issues from the start and the company is nowhere to be heard from. They completely ignore the US Team and do nothing to help and fix issues.

I also have a Gaui X5. No major issues in over 250 flights. Team support has been the best. This is my nephews heli and I have to say the way he is treated by Team Gaui is awesome. They help him in every way and coach him on the flight line. If I have any questions I can call or email any of the Gaui guys and they take care of what I need. I just got my servos for my nx4 so it will be in the air soon. I have an X7 on the way

Ive owned other brands of helis as well.
So I should just keep quiet and not say anything about all the issues I've encountered? If I'm not mistaken, you pump up Rotorworkz upgrades for Align helis, so your opinion is biased. Of course we would all be better off with tons of upgrades.... Like all those "upgrades" to the 600Pro... Completely unneeded parts!

This isn't mob mentality...these are facts. The slider broke on my heli, on Taus, on Sandu, and who knows how many more, along with all those X5 owners I linked to earlier. I'm glad you personally receive great Team Gaui support. Bobby is great and very approachable, but the issues are real, and no one from Team Gaui is taking ownership for them on here.

I owned an X5 for a year. Awesome heli, but it too had many issues... INCLUDING the slider problem... Here is a pic of my X5 with an Align 600 slider:

Yes, I did crash the heli before but the tail was not damaged. Nice how you have the "blame the user mentality". If I flubbed the tail, how do you explain all the other failures?
AMA #934662

Last edited by caralmar; 12-14-2012 at 10:07 AM..
Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyy View Post
It does not quite work well with the NX4 slider, the ball will come out of it at one end if the travel is too extreme.
Add a nut like I did. Ball will not come out.
AMA #934662

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in