Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

Old 12-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #21
georgi UK
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helos4me View Post
georgi, in the end stick scaling gives the 1:1 stick to servo match anyway correct?
=] Bruce, yes this is a software to Tx calibration, the swash mix / collective range & servo travels determine how much total movement we have, the Tx curves determine how much of that we use for flight modes.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #22
gitbse
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well, it was flying perfectly. Borrowed some edge 713 fbl's from a buddy, and it was flying as well as it ever has before. Then the front TT gears failed, and it plowed straight into the ground, I couldn't even come close to saving it. Complete frame destruction, and I probably won't be able to afford to repair it for a long time.

Mechanical failures

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Skookum Support Rep
YS PoweredRave ENV, Proud SK540 user
Runways are for models and wings are for fairies.
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
NRPY
Registered Users

What a bummer. Sorry to hear about this.
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #24
georgi UK
Registered Users

=[ that's bad to hear, sorry.....
Old 12-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #25
Helos4me
Registered Users

OH NO!!!!
The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat all rolled into the same flight.
#%#%@& TT gears.
Helos4me is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #26
gitbse
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Merry xmas everyone.

Yeah, it was pretty nasty. I hit a piro tic toc, and all of a sudden heard the noise from hell and it started spinning like a freakin' top. The tail stopped spinning almost instantly. It was less than 10ft AGL, so there was no way to recover it.

On another note, as well as it was flying I still can't nail down the tail. It's either too much collective mix or not enough. Is the mixing always that sensitive? It changes through a battery pack flight as well. It will start off not quite enough or just right, then at the end of the flight it's too much precomp. I've been told the 540 is teh best tail on the market, and seeing from what I just went through with the cyclic, I'm probably missing something. I've tried every hole on the servo horn, and the only hole that gives me full throw on the slider is all the way out. Which is fine, because it's not too much mechanical gain, however since I've had the 540 my tail has never been what I would call "solid." It's been "pretty good," but I can't get it where I want it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Skookum Support Rep
Old 12-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #27
Helos4me
Registered Users

Almost sounds like a governor problem, gain too low there? As you probably already know, if the power output isn't steady, it will show up in the tail for sure. Is the slider silky smooth? What about play in the TR grips? What is the 540 mounted with?
Helos4me is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #28
gitbse
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Governor is set as well as I can get it. Don't use the SK gov, only castle. Everything is mechanically sound, well... until it crashed. But I had the whole heli flying perfect mechanically. Found a dead tail grip bearing awhile ago, but replaced that. I switched to 112 tails, which helped a bit. I also think that caused the front TT gears to fail, too much stress. I could never get it to fly right with 104's.

I've basically hard mounted the 540 with one strip of gel tape. It flies best that way. Anything softer than that I can sense some slop in the movements.

On a side note, when I say I can't get the tail right, or anything else, I mean in tiny little increments. I can tell tiny little differences, and most everybody else I fly with thinks my heli flies mint. So it's not a big deal, but it still bugs me that it's not perfect.

Skookum Support Rep
Old 12-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #29
Luvmyhelis
Registered Users

Oh man, I am so sorry! I myself know what it is like to suffer gear failures. Lost a couple of mine last summer. One of my hand fabbed 12s stretched 450 prototypes exploded on impact it hit so hard. I was doing a full pitch rollover and the main powdered on me.

I have to say this. Try the Sk gov. OMG it is brilliant compared to the Castle version. I have run both. And the tail on my 540 was insanely locked in. But admittedly, I wasn't flying at your level and had not only the best tail servo in the world. But a custom machined tail with 40 hours invested into it.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #30
gitbse
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've been wanting to try the sk gov, I ned to pick up a sensor. can't wait to see what's doreen the road with sk and castle pre-govs that I heard about at ircha. Like pre mixing on the tail, only on throttle instead

Skookum Support Rep

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar