Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

Old 12-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Sailingnuts
Registered Users

Default Buying New 300X - Need Help

Hi Guys,
I need your help in trying to understand what I will need to buy for the 300X. I understand that most of you are saying to keep it stock and fly it. So my questions are:

1- Crash kit. Parts that I need to have when I crash (and I will, for sure!!!)
2- Main Blades upgrade. Should I keep the Woodies or go CF?
3- Tail Blades upgrade. I like Orange for better visibility. Any other wise advice here?
4- Set up Guide. Is there a session on HF specific on the 300X on how to set her up?
5- Batteries. What are you guys using? I saw the HK Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh 3S 45~90C and the Turnigy nano-tech 1300mah 3S 25~50C ones. Are they good?
6- Any other thing that I am missing?

By the way...my wife also gave the OK to dump the money on Helis

DX5e (retired), 120SR (Sold), mSRX (Sold)
Sailingnuts is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
dcarboni
Registered Users

get some more blades stay with the woodies until you get your confidence up and feathering shafts extra set of blade grips. The stock eflight 30c 1350 are fine i use thunderpower 45c they cost a lot more. But i find the eflight work fine with sport flying. As far as tail blades what ever color you want i use KBDD yellow for tail. the stock servos are the eflight 76 get some spare gear sets in a bad crash they will strip
dcarboni is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
GSPI
Registered Users

+1 from above and also make sure you have a spare set of main rotor shafts, main gear, maybe blade grips too. Once you get things sorted out then figure on what you want as an upgrade. Note that you need to just keep watch on the main rotor tower flexing. This is not always the case with the flexing but just observe as some have had problems here with there being problems there.

Oh and make sure you take your wife out to a nice dinner....sounds like you got a keeper there!
GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
xpantz
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just on the spares...

I have 2 300x and keep at least 1 of each of about 90-95% of the total parts list.

When I crash it seems I still break a part I don't have.

Sometimes you get lucky... these are most common.
Main/Feathering shafts... Main gear... Main blade grips... tail rotor hub.

Keeping enough parts to guarantee immediate rebuild can be expensive.

Might just be better to get a parts list together after a crash and just buy what you need.
xpantz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
koi-fish
Registered Users

I went and bought a complete spare airframe on the for sale board, along with a parts lot. It's a lot cheaper. You do take the risk of possibly being used, but, it was worth it to me to save some money.

I did end up getting another beastx to make the second airframe airworthy, so it may be needed to get another parts lot. Nature of the obsession I guess

"It's not getting any smarter out there, you have to come to grips with stupidity and make it work for you" - Frank Zappa
koi-fish is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Ah Clem
Registered Users

Definitely the KBDD Tail Blades (both for visibility and performance)!

The stock wooden main rotor blades are fine. The CF ones perform better when the time comes for 3D (you can feel the difference).

Main shaft, main gear, boom, landing gear, possibly a frame set, servo gears, tail shaft, and tail blade grips, are about all I can think of.

I am running the stock batteries, so far. They are a little pricey, but work well.

The stock servos on mine have about 80 flights on them and are still going strong. I don't know how long they will last, but I am pleased with them, so far.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help