Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

Old 12-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
bmc76
Registered Users

Default Fried servo and possibly 3 in 1

After a crash my left servo fried, I saw smoke coming from the canopy and immediately unplugged the battery, baked an fet on the servo board. I went to unplug it from the board and the plug came off, I had just soldered the plug back on a couple of days ago, probably had a weak joint.

I soldered the plug back on making sure to do it right this time, but the plug is getting no power. I'm thinking that the crash may have dislodged the plug causing a short, looks like my pitch servo channel on the 3 in 1 is fried. I don't see any burnt fet's or really anything amiss on the 3 in 1.

Anything I should check for before I throw in the towel and buy a new board?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
bmc76
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Never mind, with a magnifying glass (and a nights sleep), I took another look and one of the prongs on the plug was not even touching the nice shiny round little blob of solder. It works now.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help