Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Protos 700/800


MSH Protos 700/800 MSH Protos 700/800 Helicopter Support Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
belgoheli
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Belgium, Lembeke
Default Flying the Protos Max

Going through all the threads, it would appear that up to this date nobody has maidened/tested any of the machines of the first batch .....(and I realise it's wintertime)

Just curious

Belgo
belgoheli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
dl5973
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Default

probably because everyone is bitching about its weight LOL
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #3
HAV
Registered Users
 
Posts: 86
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: DeLand, FL
Default

Hahahaha.....good one!
__________________
Logo 14 FB
Logo 14 FBL
Protos 500 FBL
Hughes 500E FB
HAV is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #4
Tohtori R
Registered Users
 
Posts: 241
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Finland
Default

I dont get why people compare this to other 700 machines. This thing is designed to hold togeather with 800mm blades. It's not heavy in that 800 class. One guy from finland just told that hes logo 800 is 7.1kg!!

I try to get the rest of the wiring done tomorrow and fly the maiden day after tomorrow
__________________
miniProtos: mini V-BAR(gov also), DS95, DS95i, YGE60, MSH 6s 1300kv, EDGE 353SE, GensAce, R6203SB
ProtosMAX: V-BAR silveline, X8(hbl850/hbl880),Kosmik200cool, X-nova 4530 12N10P 5+4 x 1.4YY 509kv, R6203SB, EDGE693/115, GensAce
Tohtori R is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
OnTheSnap
Registered Users
 
Posts: 9,373
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohtori R View Post
I dont get why people compare this to other 700 machines. This thing is designed to hold togeather with 800mm blades. It's not heavy in that 800 class. One guy from finland just told that hes logo 800 is 7.1kg!!

I try to get the rest of the wiring done tomorrow and fly the maiden day after tomorrow
Post a video please! (-:
__________________
HeliDirect
iKon
OnTheSnap is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #6
Tohtori R
Registered Users
 
Posts: 241
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Finland
Default

I will
__________________
miniProtos: mini V-BAR(gov also), DS95, DS95i, YGE60, MSH 6s 1300kv, EDGE 353SE, GensAce, R6203SB
ProtosMAX: V-BAR silveline, X8(hbl850/hbl880),Kosmik200cool, X-nova 4530 12N10P 5+4 x 1.4YY 509kv, R6203SB, EDGE693/115, GensAce
Tohtori R is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
Thunder Fighter
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne Oz
Default

One of the two that made it out to Australia was Maidened today, owner likes it. We have a big meeting on next weekend (Nick Maxwell is coming out) and the Max will be there and I am sure we will have some video. I heard a whisper that one of our 3D Masters will get his hands on it for a flight, so that will be one to watch.

//Dennis.
__________________
SAB Goblin 500 x 2 : SAB Goblin 700 : SAB Goblin 770C : Jeti DS-16
Mini Protos FBL Stretch : Logo 600 : CYE Stingray

Team RCBits | SAB & KBDD Field Rep | www.rcbits.com.au
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #8
B.Ewing
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,243
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana, US
Default

Maidened my max today. Put 3 flights on it. i flew at 1700, 1850, and 2000 with a 800 setup. No disappointment, its fantastic! I havnt quite figured the flight times yet because i was flipping through the different headspeeds, but it seems like 4 - 5 min depending. It is quiet; all you can hear are the blades! This is also the first experience i have around an 800 machine, the size is impressive in the air. Cant wait to start beating on it a bit more!
__________________
Synergy E7---Compass 6hvu---Gaui x5---Gaui x3
B.Ewing is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #9
Trini92
Registered Users
 
Posts: 203
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, D.C.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Ewing View Post
Maidened my max today. Put 3 flights on it. i flew at 1700, 1850, and 2000 with a 800 setup. No disappointment, its fantastic! I havnt quite figured the flight times yet because i was flipping through the different headspeeds, but it seems like 4 - 5 min depending. It is quiet; all you can hear are the blades! This is also the first experience i have around an 800 machine, the size is impressive in the air. Cant wait to start beating on it a bit more!
Nice! I've been waiting to read a flight review. When i'm ready to step up to a 700/800 size this will be it.
__________________
Compass 6hv
PROTOS 500 Stretched
PROTOS 500
Mini Titan E325 SE
Trini92 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #10
Clay333
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,407
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lagrange GA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Ewing View Post
Maidened my max today. Put 3 flights on it. i flew at 1700, 1850, and 2000 with a 800 setup. No disappointment, its fantastic! I havnt quite figured the flight times yet because i was flipping through the different headspeeds, but it seems like 4 - 5 min depending. It is quiet; all you can hear are the blades! This is also the first experience i have around an 800 machine, the size is impressive in the air. Cant wait to start beating on it a bit more!
Awesome! I figured we would hear a flight report today since it's a Saturday and the weather has been beautiful (here at least). Did you notice any special characteristics about how it flies or does it just fly like a normal 700/800 except quiet? I know that may sound like an odd question and be kind of hard to answer, but I have flown certain helps that have a different feel than others in the air like the Warp (flies more like a super smooth 600 than a 450) and the Synergy E7se (has a smooth, but yet snappy feel that is unmatched by any large heli I have ever flown). I am super excited about the Protos. I have been waiting on it since it was announced and I planned on it being my first 700, but I have had around 8 of them now. But yet Iam still very excited and I am really hoping it brings something to the table that none of the others have. I am starting to wonder if I should go ahead and grab a set of 800mm blades and build it as an 800 from the beginning. Did it still have a snappy, agile feel as an 800?
__________________
Protos Max 700 Vbar, Synergy E7se Vbar, Rush 750 Vbar, Gaui X5 Vbar, Gaui X4II Vbar, Protos 500 Vbar, Compass Warp 360 Vbar, Gaui X3 Robird

Controlled by: Jeti DS-16
Clay333 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:42 AM   #11
ciobrelis
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lithuania
Default

maidened mine yesterday as an 800. Flew 1600, 1850, 2050. It's fantastic, feels very light in the air. Fast on pitch changes (faster than my 7hv in fact). It was a bit slower on roll speeds than I like, but I have to play with my fbl to fix it. Also it's really silent - all you can hear are the blades

At 2050, it's a smack machine, very agile and fast - can't really tell much difference from a 700 machine. At 1850 it still has all the power and speed you need and I actually enjoyed it more than 2050. But I fly smooth 3d, not smack.

Also dampeners - I would recommend going to hard 3d ones. Mine also started to wear after a couple of flights, as someone else has already mentioned it on some other post.

Overall, I prefer it much more over my 7hv which I loved.
ciobrelis is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #12
OnTheSnap
Registered Users
 
Posts: 9,373
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciobrelis View Post
maidened mine yesterday as an 800. Flew 1600, 1850, 2050. It's fantastic, feels very light in the air. Fast on pitch changes (faster than my 7hv in fact). It was a bit slower on roll speeds than I like, but I have to play with my fbl to fix it. Also it's really silent - all you can hear are the blades

At 2050, it's a smack machine, very agile and fast - can't really tell much difference from a 700 machine. At 1850 it still has all the power and speed you need and I actually enjoyed it more than 2050. But I fly smooth 3d, not smack.

Also dampeners - I would recommend going to hard 3d ones. Mine also started to wear after a couple of flights, as someone else has already mentioned it on some other post.

Overall, I prefer it much more over my 7hv which I loved.
Awesome. Are you running 12s or 14s?
__________________
HeliDirect
iKon
OnTheSnap is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #13
B.Ewing
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,243
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana, US
Default

Hard to comment on unique flight characteristics as i havnt pushed the heli yet. If anything, id say it reminds me of my 6hvu, except giant! After a few of piro pitch pumps and piro flips, i feel like it flies the way it looks in Darios videos. At 2000 it moves! Im using 12s 5000
__________________
Synergy E7---Compass 6hvu---Gaui x5---Gaui x3
B.Ewing is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #14
ciobrelis
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lithuania
Default

14s, Xnova 4535XTS 460kv motor
ciobrelis is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Protos 700/800


MSH Protos 700/800 MSH Protos 700/800 Helicopter Support Forum

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com