Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 04-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #6701
lankey
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2TheEYo View Post
Steve, the Aeolus tail geometry is identical to the trex.
Sorry mate, had to look at a piccie of the Aeolus to fully gather what you were talking about.... my 450 and 500's tail servos are boom mounted!!

If you do have binding with the auto gear a full throw, could you not re-mount the tail servo so that the output shaft is towards the rear of the heli, meaning greater clearance for the servo horn? This would mean reversing your rudder channel and adjusting tail control rod length.... all a bit pointless if the servo's already mounted like this!!

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
lankey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #6702
psilo
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On my TT53 and on my OS91 I would say that the red line in this pic is about where I am for idle...

Before you start always give it a couple pulls on the starter without the glow lit so you get some fuel in the engine. Without you often find it will start at higher revs because it is lean.

And a P51D plank......SSssssshhhhhhh!
BMFA & RCHA Member
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #6703
B2TheEYo

Ahh good stuff Gerd thanks! That's about where mine is too, sweet!

Steve ahh figured you know the 600, the servo is in the nose. On all nitro's the electronics stay in the nose under the canopy to avoid oil/smoke/grease.

The Output shaft is facing the rear. I did a bit of tweaking and managed to get it so it just barely touches. About all I can do at 7-10mm on the horn (not sure, less than 10 I know that). If it touches the gear will ware before the fat carbon rod, will have to deal with, I doubt I use full throw anyways and will just limit it significantly if I ever get flying.

After what just happen I might throw in the towel all together..
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #6704
dan the man
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by psilo View Post
Hmm, I have not been impressed with the turnigy packs of late, 2 out of 3 of the 6 cells I bought had weak cells
Hmm that sucks Turns out it discharged to 9.68 volts and LVC kicked in, maybe it is a weak pack, although it's likely I forgot to charge it before the flight :o Gonna test it out again when I get the chance, hopefully the pack is ok cause my other 2 are getting slightly puffy.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #6705
chansen1953
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default update on progress - or lack of it !!

Hi guys, Well I finally got my DX7 and RX's installed and after a bit of struggling with the progrramming, and I then had to perform surgery on the DX7 to move the Rudder and ELE controls - as I fly MODE-3 !!. now all is good.
Managed ot get the servos all working, and went for a test fly with the BELT and a maiden flight for my T-Rex clone.
The BELT did not get off the ground, tail issues and after many minutes adjusting and trying, the battery ran out. I got a "low battery' warning on the TX, but I thought it was the timer finishing !!
I powered up the T-REX HK450 clone and it lifted off smoothly and responded very crisply. Tail was slowly spinning, and I went to set down to try and fix the servo positon, when it just jumped up a bit higher. I tried to throttle off, and it started to race off downwind. The tail spinning was'nt helping, and it started to get way to far away for my comfort zone !1. I added a lot of power and put the nose down, and it started to return , albeit at high speed and in a descending but straight path- straight at me !!. I did'nt panic, I pulled back as it got near and it started to slow but then spun wildly again, flipped over and powered into the ground at near full speed.
BIG CRASH - the biggest I have ever had . bits flew everywhere - just like in the SIM !!!
The head snapped off at the shaft top, leaving a bent jesus bolt, and the both bladed came free with their grips still attached. one stuck into the ground like a spear, the other snapped into three. The end result - the head gone form the swash up, one servo is cactus and the tail boom is bent in a gentle arc like a big black banana !!

My analysis - I flew with a low TX battery, and with the tail not completely setup correctly. Lucky the BELT did not get off the ground as well. I think I need ot work out how the DX7 control the tail, as I did not make any changes to the default settings, because I did not understand them. It seemed to hold ok on the lazy-susan test rig, when I did the alignment, but then you dont really go past 1/3 throttle for alignment purposes.

No one was around in the park at the time, just as well, as it's a bit embarassing to keep crashing . Well I won't be flying my new Copterx till I get this tail business sortedout. I ordered some new tail gyros and a couple of fast servos. but I suspect I just have not got it setup right in the DX7.
I have watched a few setup videos, but could not find anything specifically on how to setup DX7 and a 450 typoe Heli Tail .

can anyone there reply/ send me a link to some suitable info re how to config Dx7 and setup tail ?. I never really had any trouble with the ESKY electronics, but it had a Gyro sensitivity dial, and mode switch. The DX7 gyro mode switch does not appear to do anything , noticable anyway and there is no sensitivity pot .!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have not failed, I have just found 1000 ways that do not work.
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:02 AM   #6706
CyprusDave
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Chris, this might help: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=28681

As I don't have a DX7, I haven't watched it, but most of the stuff in Finless Bob's Tech Room is excellent

Check it out http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:45 AM   #6707
dayshaddow
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i have just had the worlds best flight with the belt
it blowing a stady 10-15 mph out there with some moody looking sky,there be thunder comming kinda sky
had a monent were i almost got scared,came out of a banked turn to nose in and it blazing towards me...i mean we are talking commet style,got to 10ft stall turn almost full throttle and it just paused nose down and waited for seemingly forever then it charged off
there is a scale from 1 to 10 and tis pack was epic no other word for it
came home singing this song

just think a long time ago someone said belts were carp...........whata chimp,monkey want a bananna have 3
enjoy
antony
1/8th Brushless LiPo Powered monster Truck and a maverick strada evo xt
dayshaddow is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:59 AM   #6708
dayshaddow
Registered Users

My HF Map location

im still buzzing and its been two hours since that fight.........I NEED HELP i have a tr250 and again its left at home and the belt get to fly,im charging more belt packs to go off again,
i got it bad now very very bad
Old 05-01-2010, 06:04 AM   #6709
psilo
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice Antony, hope the next flight goes so well

I did 2 tanks through the 700, 2 tanks through the 600 and 3 packs thru the 500 this morning. Had the closest call yet with the 700 when I came out of a stall turn did a roll and passed by the sun, lost all orientation and went to go up when I was inverted (not realising!) 700 was within inches of going in inverted when I saved and pumped out negative and saved. Landed shortly after and was shaking like a leaf but glad to have recovered!

And a P51D plank......SSssssshhhhhhh!
BMFA & RCHA Member
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:10 AM   #6710
dayshaddow
Registered Users

My HF Map location

omg man scary monent.hats off you came home skids down
im not venturing above what i have now,just had a big pay cut so its fly what you can afford to crash for me but im thinking a 450 stock basic heli is fun...a 500 gotta be a dream to fly there isnt a pondering smilie
Old 05-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #6711
chansen1953
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thanks cyprusdave, as usual I don't look deeply enough- I just found this same thread a few minutes ago, and watched the bit about how to set the gyro sense - In the Tr-ex model, I had left out the gear=gyro setting, so thats why the switch did nothing, and also why the "gyro sense' menu fo rthat model has disappeared. I have since been into the DX7 and set all of the 3 models up with the correct gyro sense settings.
round one to the DX7 !!!.
I have also found the Tx battery had a bad connection in the balance connector, and was not fully charging, even though the charger alarm said it had finished.
now I know how the Tx battery indicator works as well. !!
round two to the DX7. !!
All thats left is for me to go thru every menu and fully understand what each function does.
onwards and upwards - we have the parts in stock !!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have not failed, I have just found 1000 ways that do not work.
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #6712
helihathnofury
Registered Users

My HF Map location

After successfully setting up the 600 with the DS610s it deserves, and relacing the boom and TT rod, I discovered more failed parts.
The front "umbrella" gear and front drive gear assembly needed replacing too; some of the teeth were chewed up. Fast-Lads were on call, the postie delivered this morning, and I have just come inside from test flying in the garden and checking the tracking. All seems well, but it has just started raining, so back to the chores and some mSR!!

T-Rex 450Sport,
T-Rex 600NSP, OS50, DS610s GY401/S9254, KO Propo PDS2364,KBDDs, Align 600Ds, MultiGov Pro
DX7/AR7000, Phoenix +DX6i Blade mSR
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #6713
mnwizard
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayshaddow View Post
omg man scary monent.hats off you came home skids down
im not venturing above what i have now,just had a big pay cut so its fly what you can afford to crash for me but im thinking a 450 stock basic heli is fun...a 500 gotta be a dream to fly there isnt a pondering smilie
Yes Anthony! You just experienced one of those flights that we all aim for.

You've got it bad now

Great song choice, RIP Freddie...
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #6714
dayshaddow
Registered Users

My HF Map location

mnwizzard
im heading out again love the 5 c packs just crashed the rex on it rebuild test flight......another bent boom looks like the belt will have to come out again

rip freddi..but the show must go on
Old 05-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #6715
helihathnofury
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Further to the 600 test, I flew the Trex 450Sport/A109 also. Gyro needs a bit of a tweek, but at least it was flying. Then, when the rains came, I flew the mSR indoors.
So all my 3 helis have flown today; that has not happened for a long, long time

T-Rex 450Sport,
T-Rex 600NSP, OS50, DS610s GY401/S9254, KO Propo PDS2364,KBDDs, Align 600Ds, MultiGov Pro
DX7/AR7000, Phoenix +DX6i Blade mSR
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #6716
lex7919
Registered Users

Chris, sounds like your coming on great! understanding the radio is one of the biggest hurdles but also the most rewarding when you relise the power it has.

Glad you got the 600 sorted Skip just need some weather now

Gaz poped over today and we went up the field for a couple of hours, really enjoyed it nice to see him and nice to have someone used to nitro with me too. His 600 is very nice! so smooth and quite with the os/outrage pipe compared to my TT/redline pipe that screams its nuts off! Had a couple of decent fligts toug so that was good, still got the most annoying tail issues with the ely Q im thinking it is engine related now incosistent running maybe?
But on the up shot the gov now works as it should do since i moved the sensor closer to the magnets

And Gaz's flying wing is awesome vroll on the fun fly

Stop by say hi :-)
500 ESP: Ely Q Comp: "Kasama'd Trex 600N:
lex7919 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #6717
rapidgaz
Registered Users

yeah Alex was good to see you to, very nice couple of hours. got our fix of nitro. awesme flying to Alex, you have progressed well, and get ya self a bublless clunk should help loads
Trex 250SE/MCPX
rapidgaz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #6718
copterboy
Registered Users

Sorry I missed out guys, been busy buying a van for my new business. Had a look yesterday and done the deal today. What the guy didn't tell me is that the door locks were seizing up, and I forgot to check they actually worked because it was unlocked when I went to view it

So I just spent most of the afternoon stripping 3 doors down and cleaning/greasing the barrels up. Oh what fun....another flying opportunity missed. And the bank holiday - why have I paid to do a course that starts on bank holiday monday? Another flying opportunity missed!!

Progress all the same, but I reeeaaallllllyyy want to go fly!!

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #6719
B2TheEYo

I did my daily crashing so I'm good! Now I'm wrenching, ahh the seat is still warm.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #6720
mnwizard
Registered Users

Way too windy today to fly. Hearing about all the crashing going on today it's probably just as well that I didn't get any flight time in.

Took dinner over to my Mom and Dad's this afternoon, had some BBQ and updated some of the stuff on their computer while I was there.

No flying, but had a pleasant evening with the folks.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP