Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 08-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #9321
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Yeah, I'm around.
Went to see the orthopedist yesterday.
Fist step, keep compression on it and no load bearing of the next 2 weeks.
If that doesn't take care of it, then they need to drain it, wait 4 more weeks.
If that still doesn't do it, then surgery to remove the sack bubble itself and seal it off.

The sack holding the fluid lubricating the knee exploited a tiny rip in the muscle and squeezed thru forming a 3 inch long by 1 inch wide bubble of fluid in the muscle.

It's going down. My leg does feel better.

The problem being is that I need to keep the knee straight so working on anything is rather taxing.

I'm bored as sin!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #9322
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got my fingers crossed on 2 weeks. Boardom sucks for sure but do as the doc says and stay lazy.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, HK450 PRO V2 TT DFC, QR-X350PRO
DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Heli Yea! is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #9323
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Damn, this sucks!

I have the Ranger all set up for another test. Did a few things that Jim suggested last communique. All I need now is to fly her again and send him another file.

So, I wake up this afternoon and between squalls it is totally flyable conditions, but I have the knee thing to deal with!
The cyst is going down, about 2/3ds the size it was.
So damn tempting, but I'll be a good boy. With a little luck I may still be able to make the meet in 8 days, but that is in jeopardy, too.
Still, I do hope to get a quick flight in with her in a few days.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #9324
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, please be a good boy here, listen to the doc and just accept the fact that your current medical condition precludes chasing after young nurses...
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #9325
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Chase, not with this knee. Bear traps, work good though!
Old 08-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #9326
copterboy
Registered Users

Bear Traps and Morphine, you'll be able to catch anything

I thought I had absorbed some of your pain through some Psychic medium. Woke up this morning with a really sore knee. After wondering what the hell was up, I remembered Jack running into me on his bike yesterday. Been hobbling round in pain also, so I'm taking Chads doctors advice and being lazy for a coupla days before work on Monday.

On the job front, now the holiday is out of the way, it's time to finish up this temporary work and look for something more permanent now Given my boss notice of that today, but will continue to work on an ad-hoc basis in the meantime.

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #9327
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Well, I'm calling it,,, ain't gonna go to SouthPark.

I haven't done shit, the knee is better, but it fills back up by the end of the day. No where near as large but then again, Only thing I do is get up to go to the bathroom.

That's ok. I know why I had motor cutting out on the Ranger at the end of last flight. ESC is kicking overload.
Not sure as to the motor manufacturer, but I decided to get a better motor for her, and esc. Currently, I would get about 15 minutes of flight time as is.
I spent about 3 hours on ECal last night crunching numbers and settled on a nice Cobra motor, a C-3525/12 650kv.
With a single 4s 5300mah battery, it will give me about 1 hour.
Of course, 90% in flight efficiency means shit it it can't haul the freight, but the numbers say I should get close to 1 hour and cruise about 45 mph hauling 3500 grams of weight thru the sky!
I think it will be fine.
Old Today, 10:07 AM   #9328
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bummer to hear that Tom. Still, your health comes first though.

Weather teased me again today as I watched the wind get stronger and stronger whilst working hard to finish early and get a couple of flights in on the quad, but decided against as it's just got too blustery for comfort, especially considering my recent fortune with it.

On the bright side, it forced me to fly the 550 and I managed 4 successful packs, which I'm happy about. On the down side, I was very poor at the start with massive over control. I had lost all of my subtlety and touch. On the last pack I was better, but still poor. Having to heave those sticks around to push the quad about in loiter mode is definitely responsible.

Most definitely you need to keep flying both or one will affect the other. The untrained eye, or casual observer, wouldn't have noticed what was wrong with the 550 flights, but to me it was very noticeable.

Still, got back in one piece, and didn't really hold back, so not too bad I suppose.

May drop later so I may try then. It very often does drop as evening approaches, but whether this will occur in time for going out I'm not sure.

15 mph earlier, 14 now, 12 at 7 and 9 at 8, so might be okay in time. It was nearly okay at 15mph, but I'd rather not. Fine for an fbl heli though.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #9329
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Pretty crappy weather for the start of the day here, too. Not so good at SouthPark, either, but they got a keg of good beer to sit out any weather, and who doesn't fly expensive fpv aircraft until after they get a couple in them to put in a little self inflicted expo?
Old Today, 11:33 AM   #9330
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I get that. I have had a fairly long break from helis due to all the fighting w/the 450 and my Belt and 500 are dead. I at first I also was over controlling too, but im getting used to it again.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, HK450 PRO V2 TT DFC, QR-X350PRO
DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Heli Yea! is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP