START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 09-26-2014, 07:23 AM   #9421
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

I should have taken a holiday!
Well, truth is I wouldn't have mattered.

Just purchased a Surface Pro 3, 256gb, I7.
Thought about it for a while, decided memory is one thing, processor speed you have to life with.

Just dying to get this file out to Jim, pissed me off for the very last time I couldn't.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #9422
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well my ride to the hills is about as reliable as shelves made of toilet paper. So I took the quad out and did some car chasing and rolls in FFF! If I could only remember the record button... DOH! Im heading up now though and am staying up there til monday!
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450 DFC, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450 FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #9423
copterboy
Registered Users

Sounds like a nice buy Tom. I've just installed some DJ software to my laptop, and it struggles to cope. Also, it won't ouput audio separtely for the headphones. So, next time I'm at the shops, I'll go look in a PC superstore and do some reseach on getting a new laptop or similar for myself. Another big ticket item for the non-heli list

As for progress, I've got no transport available today, so can't get to the field again. But at least my DX8 is off to HH for it's repair now. Also asked if they would replace the gyro switch I had to replace, and the antenna which Jack managed to damage again A bit cheeky including the antenna, but hoping they will do the lot under warranty!!

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:01 AM   #9424
copterboy
Registered Users

Well, my DX8 should arrive with HH today, and I have to say I'm looking forward to getting it back now. I do remember the DX8 gimbals being smoother than the DX6i, so hoping that might help with my collective control

Day off and the car is available Although it's a little windy for what I normally like, I'm sure it will be ok with the FBL unit. Maybe just not the best day for testing some tweaks. Not going to stop me though! I've just had a quick practise on the sim and I sucked with inverted orientations, so I better take it easy. Still I feel the urge to go up high and try some tik-tocs!!

Old 10-01-2014, 04:44 AM   #9425
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Just got epoxy all over my fingers, fixing up the busted nose of my Penguin.
She's ready for the next step, the Vector. Damn, I hope it ships soon, been waiting since July!
Not going to fly her until then.

The Ranger is waiting for my SP3 to show back up. Need to send Jim a file, but she's certainly flight worthy still.
Weather was crap so no flying.

That gawd damned "W" word is just around the corner here, so won't be long now before I work on the Hexa.
Got to get that done before my grandson gets here!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #9426
copterboy
Registered Users

Have you got that epoxy off yet Tom, or has it turned into a black 2nd skin

My DX8 was returned today Loving the prompt service and secure shipping Looks like they have replaced both gimbals, and the antenna. They sent me a new gyro switch without installing it. Think I know enough to assume they would have charged me for the install, so I'm pleased they have supplied one FOC and they're not trying to charge me.

One slight issue. Somewhere along the way, my AUX2/GOV switch has bent, and the backnut has come loose. They were extra careful packing it for the return leg of the journey. Packed it in my box, then put that box into another with more packaging. So I can't blame FEDEX. It's either Royal Mail (my carrier) or a clumsy HH engineer. I wrapped it up in loads of bubble wrap, before boxing it, so I know the measures I took would have survived a nasty drop from the Royal Mail postman. And if the postman did drop it into a corner or edge, it wouldn't/couldn't have got damaged in this way. So I am suspecting the damaged happened at HH! Will fire off another email and see if they will send me a couple of switches. One to replace the damaged AUX2/GOV switch, and hopefully a spare, for if/when another 3 way switch gets damaged.

Have to say, I'm starting to dislike these tapered switch levers, and I know I'm not the first to say it. They just seem far too narrow at the base, given the length of the switch. So it seems like a natural weak point, that is prone to get damaged

Eitherway, I want to move back to the DX8 ASAP, so I can get use of the auto start timer and vibrating countdown alarm again. I can remember the vibrating alarm being the main reason I wanted to upgrade, due to my deafness making me not hear the DX6i beeps all to often!!

Old 10-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #9427
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Spot on Denis, I agree, they are far too weak. Mine is now fooked, the one that does aux 2 I think. Three way, spindly, a bit bent, but worse it can now spin around, and this makes it hard to switch correctly. Imagine you have it fully up, but can spin the whole stick around so it is pointing down. Very confusing. It's hard to describe, but it isn't the assembly turning around, it is somehow the internals allowing the switch to be in position 0, and it looks like it is in position 2. Weird I know, but it is not the assembly itself moving. Go figure.

Too drunk to explain it well, but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

If you can get them to send you an extra extra 3 way, I'll be more than happy if you let me have it.

By the way, it got broken by that overly aggressive vibrator, which one day, when I left it on, shook itself right off the bench,

Cheer

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #9428
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Vibrator? Gawd, I don't like where this is going. Step back Tom, just leave it alone.

just received my SP3 today!!!
Old 10-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #9429
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

This thing is soo cool! I have fallen in love. Turn it on and it's on! No f'n around.
The screen is amazing! A lot of my fishing pics were copied from 35mm negatives. The pics just pop with a whole new life to them!
Awaiting my wifi modem to show up, so still using my phone, but got to testify, this is one of those so cool products.

In the mean time, it did allow me to copy a file to my phone and send it to Jim.
Within a couple hours he got back to me, not with a new file, but a question. Damn, this guy is GOOD!
A couple flights back I had redone the magonometer/ compass mounting point in the wing.
Afterward, I should have re-calibrated the unit, but forgot all about it.
So, need to do that and re-test. Duh!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #9430
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

No progress to report. Missed my opportunity yesterday, perfect day. It was my first opportunity to get this SP3 set all up an working, so took advantage of it.
F* me, I love this thing!
Old 10-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #9431
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

but it's just a fancy PC, no? Just a tool. What can yours do that my cheap pos can't?

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #9432
copterboy
Registered Users

Well after 3 days in work, I had to pull a sicky. Got conjuntivitis from doing some dirty work last week it turns out Been to hospital today to get some medical supplies to get sorted and having tomorrow and Sunday off to keep clean and get better (got my own small job to do on Saturday).

Been having problems with just one eye, but last 2 days it has spread to both, and I had to admit to the boss yesterday it was affecting my work slowing me down. Thankfully, he could clearly see why as it was the day I worked with him last week crawling round in an attic full of fibreglass insultion!! This boss has been a mate for +25yrs so at least he completely understands as is no hassle! Been a great start to the new job then

Having some time off today, I finally got round to penning that email to HH explaining about the AUX 2/GOV switch damage. Included a note about if firmware could be upgraded to include adjustment to volume and vibe level, so will have to wait and see what they say about it! Didn't forget to include one for you Sutty

Hoping I'll be able to fly Sunday

Old 10-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #9433
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Sutt, not much, other than I can leave the keyboard behind and just use it as a tablet, super damn fast, no boot up time, screen resolution of 2.5k, and touchscreen

Win8.1pro is nice, really nice.

Drawbacks.Price is the biggest one. MS is loosing money on every one, but is now gaining ground back as volume picks up.
Heat, the frame is made from magnesium and acts as a heat sink. Processors are under the plate on the back that opens up as a stand. It needs to be opened up to allow heat to bleed off for long use, but only if you are doing something that takes a lot of process power like a movie.
And that's about it!

I've never had a tablet, so it's a new experience from me. I've just had my tower with all the damn cables making a mess of my living room and an old laptop that has Win 5 on it!
So holding a computer more powerful than my tower on my lap just blows me away.

Raining all day today and tomorrow, so no flying.

I heard back from Jim. No new file to try out this time. Instead, he spotted something I forgot to do. A while back I had redone my nanometer position on my wing and forgot to recalibrate it!
So, next time out I will redo that calibration and give her a go, Should cure most of my waddling in straight flight in aided mode.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:25 AM   #9434
copterboy
Registered Users

Hope the re-cal works for you Tom. Would be nice to hear it get the 'all clear' and see some more footage before you know what sets in!

@Sutty - got a couple of switches on the way. Didn't have 3 in stock, so I'll just send you one anyway. I'm guessing you need as many as you can for the quad I don't use my gov switch yet, but that will change when I get some funds for a new ESC, so I do only need 1. I'll just have to go begging again, if any more damage occurs to mine. No word on the idea for a firmware upgrade to include adjustable volume and vibrate

I'll wait till the other switch arrives and my eyesight to improve more and I'll install both switches at once. Then get my 450 re-bound to it. If I do get to fly on Sunday, I'll probably just have to use the DX6i again.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #9435
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Brilliant Denis, but at the time I was more or less kidding. Very delighted that you will send me one though. Can't fault you pal, thank you. Every time I flick that switch it annoys me, so I look forward to replacing it. I even went as far as trying to find the UK service details, but then couldn't find it, and gave up. I was a little half hearted because I didn't expect to be able to convince them to send me one, and thought they would want me to send it in, and I couldn't bear to have been without it for two weeks.

As for adjustable vibrate, it is adjustable on the DX18, and I have turned it right down now, and when it goes off it almost stays put now, just about. You can't turn the bugger off though.

To tell you the truth I don't get why they need to be so loud and aggressive anyway. If you've forgotten and you are near, you would hear any noise, and if you were far away, you wouldn't hear it at all no matter how loud it was. There is only a small window of distance where the very loud could be appropriate, for when you are a moderate distance away, and might stand a chance of hearing it, just because it was loud.

Who knows what is in the mind of these designers.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #9436
copterboy
Registered Users

No probs pal. Glad to do something in return for lending me these servo's for the 600

I also found it a bit tricky and think I had to go to the contact us section on the site called 'reporting an issue'. They then emailed me back with the address to send it to. Same reason I put it off for a while though, thought it would cost me money and not be under warranty anymore!

I did explain how your damage happened, and I recalled mine did the same a few months back, but I didn't notice any damage to the AUX2 switch before I sent it to them. So basically implied it was a design fault and should be adjustable for that reason.

But I'm happy they have sorted out 2 gimbals, an antenna and 3 switches in total now FOC

Old 10-18-2014, 05:04 AM   #9437
copterboy
Registered Users

Been away with work this week and done my first full job with the new company. Have to say I'm loving it! My conjunctivitis has 99% cleared up, so a few more days of eye drops and I should be all clear, just as this hurricane blows over us and I'll be back in work again

Possible I may get my company vehicle next week But was told this one may go to the other lad in the team who has worked there longer If thats the case, I might buy his car off him just to get mobile again.

The additional switches I requested from HH didn't arrive, so I'll give them a few more days before I chase them up.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP