START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 02-22-2015, 09:34 PM   #9621
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Daylight length is really cranking up now. Getting near to the equinox, we're already at 4 minutes 9 seconds extra daylight every day. By March 21st we'll only be at 4 minutes 16 seconds, so the gain is pretty close to the max right now anyway. Beats the few seconds a day extra just after the winter solstice lol. Love seeing the nights stretch out like this.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:55 AM   #9622
copterboy
Registered Users

I'm excited too Sutty. Guess who's got use of the car for the next 5 weeks

I've hit a bump with work. Seems with changing suppliers, we are now waiting for new sales to be made by these people we went to see in London. Had no work last week, nothing confirmed this week and boss says we might have to diversify and take on some bathroom/tiling work Really thought I had done the last of it, but may need to turn back to it!!

I'm sure it will pick up soon, but it's annoying as the gap in earnings has come right on jacks 6th birthday. As soon as that is out of the way on Thursday, I wanted to be getting things done with the 600. As usual the disruption to work causes disruption and delays to my plans

One of my friends lost his dad last week so I've agreed to look after his fish tank. So my job for the day is to clean the tank now I got it here, and reviving my fish keeping hobby a little!!

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #9623
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I used to keep tropical fish. Very pleasant and relaxing hobby. Not actually sure why I stopped. Maybe I should start again too. Not the nicest of circumstances for you to be giving it a go again, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:36 AM   #9624
copterboy
Registered Users

I not done it for about 10-15 yrs, soon forget how much the fish and accessories cost. Plus I now got to the point where I remembered its sometimes better to have a 2nd tank for when you need to clean the main one. So like any hobby the costs can soon add up!! But I've been given 4ft bow front tank & bespoke stand, lights, air pump, filter, food, chemicals. Only had to buy a new air stone and tubing for 10 and I'm good to go. Couldn't say no in the circumstances!! Needs a damn good clean though, only just finished that, today I clean the accessories and then should have it set up by tonight. Get to leave it for a few days then, so will check the weather forecast for any suitable flying conditions. Sure I heard a call of high pressure over the weekend, so will be praying for that!!

Old 03-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #9625
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can't remember what day now, but over the weekend I had 4 good packs on both the 550 and the 600. Friday maybe, now that I think about it, anyway it went well, and I was pleased with everything I was able to do still.

Yesterday I decided to do the same and went for 4 packs on the 550 first, but only made it to part way through the third of them. Flew the 600 for 4 packs after failing with the 550, but was too cautious after binning the 550, but at least it's intact.

Put the order together for the 550 last night and it came to 98, oh well, I haven't crashed for a while, so not too disappointed. Nothing too expensive went.

Main gear
Boom
Boom braces
Horizontal fin boom clamp
Tail fin
Tail slider
Front boom drive gear assembly and boom clamp
Torque tube
Main Grip's long balls
Head and swash links (Had some still on there, some lost, but have to order all.)
Battery straps (Damn, forgot to order. Call it 105 then.)
Main blades
Skids

So what did I do. I simply have no idea. Well I do, but I don't know why. I was getting more and more confident in my abilities, thinking it doesn't matter what happens, I can save anything, so I also got more and more adventurous. I was trying to do a flipping loop, and it was going really well, then my brain just went to mush, and I just watched as it all went out of phase, and I didn't know what I was doing, and then bang, for the third time in my flying career I simply slammmed it into the ground with full -ve, right side up, level, and easily rescuable, but, after having stopped the flip rotation, instead of up I went down, and the more it went down, the more down I applied, until it was in the ground at full -ve.

I don't know how that's possible, but my brain was obviously flipped over, and reacting wrong.

Bang, screeeeeeeeeeeech, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, click. wtf.

Oh well, as we know, these things happen, but how I could watch it right side up, and allow myself to slam it into the ground is beyond me. Probably took less than a second from intial screw up to impact.

Sat here looking at a pile of bits.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 03-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #9626
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's too bad Andy, but it proves that you really are human. Just a thought but the last time you kissed dirt I remember that it was doing "normal" stuff. Perhaps do a pack or two of upright stuff just to freshen the reflexes. Anyhow, I hope you get her back in the air soon as I'm just guessing but the 550 is your favorite.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450L w/VX1e, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450L w/APM FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white w/2km range!
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:38 AM   #9627
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Well, I've made serious progress this past three days!

Wednesday I took out the Ranger. F'n thing flew fantastic! The new files did the trick. She's flying straight as can be in aided mode now. Happy with all the telemetry.
Had my buddy Greg come out. Second battery I had him put on the goggles.
Unbeknownst to him, I then shoved the transmitter in his hands and walked him through his first fpv flight. I had it in aided mode so he didn't have the pressure of maintaining altitude or speed. All he had to do was turn when I told him and enjoy the experience.
He dug the crap out of it.

The first battery I flew 21 minutes on a single 4s 5300mah battery and only put back in 3000mah!

The Hexa is flying perfect.

The QAV, found a problem with the GPS cabling. Now ready to get back on that, again.

Pretty damn happy now!
Old 03-14-2015, 03:20 AM   #9628
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Woo-hoo! All calibrated up, GPS quickly attaches, OSD readouts all look correct, (got to remove the Mike alarm), rssi is fantastic, and best of all, my 1 watt is playing nice with everything!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #9629
copterboy
Registered Users

For now I'm glad the site is back up and running!!

Only just read about the crash Sutty. Never nice to read about, but it's always good to share the experience.

That aided mode sounds awesome tom. Think I can only dream of having one!

Old 03-14-2015, 10:25 AM   #9630
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good to share the fun like that Tom. What previous experience did he have with RC? I'd like my brother in law to have a go under the goggles with the quad. I'm sure he'd do okay in GPS flight FPV, as there would be no orientation issues.

As for the crash, it happens right, so not overly concerned. Like you said Denis, just sharing. No need to specifically practice upright Chad, every pack is at least 30% just flying around upright. It's hard to explain, but I'm pretty sure my brain was shuffled, with doing most of a loop whilst flipping the whole time, such that I didn't even know it was the right way up until I replayed the last half second in my mind and saw that I had just punched -ve to save a fast upright descent.

Just brain mush. Couldn't keep up with the ever changing phase of the inputs and no time for thought. Can't tell you how quick it happened. Sooooo fast.

Like I said, no issue, just sharing, and already flown her again successfully for 4 packs yesterday, just before tea, so still a happy camper.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 03-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #9631
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

3 11 15 rev1:

Just a quick video of my buddy's flight.

He knows how to fly planes. We were both in our local club for around 15 years.
I've let him fly the Ranger line of sight a few times. Took him for ride alongs, but he's never flown under the goggles before. Normally he wouldn't fly in aided mode, just unassssisted, but he was damn glad to only have to concentrate on turning. Said it took awhile to get comfortable and was damn glad to not have to concentrate on maintaining altitude.
After he settled down he really enjoyed himself.

Now to get the grandkids some supervised stick time!

Up next, time to do some long range testing. Going to have to look for a nice section of Blm land locally.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #9632
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Got an event coming up Sunday, and for once it's local to me, hell, I could even fly there!
Not sure what the story is, if the guy that owns the farm is a member of our unofficial gang, COFPV, or if someone knows him. Me, I intend to find out.
They hold a meet a few times a year, BBQ type pot luck.
I'll be taking the Ranger, ( really, really happy with how it fly's ), the Hexa and the QAV!
I'll also be taking my tracker. Plan on working on that tonight.
Weather forecast looks good so far, also!

Woo-hoo! F*** winter! Spring is sprung!
Old 03-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #9633
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sprung for me too Tom. Worked hard today and cracked it all off by 3PM. Or at least I did what could be done then. More to do tonight, but nothing too onerous. Anyway, mowed the lawn, always feels good. Bit mossy, but that will soone clear up with regular mowing, and then, more to the point got the 550 out, for a flight with warm hands and no wind. So much fun, and still in one piece.

Have fun at the meet.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 03-25-2015, 02:46 AM   #9634
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Well, the meet was shit, in fact I'm damn happy the sheriff wasn't involved.

Traditionally, they meet there before corn planting and after harvest.
This time, they had permission from Anderson Farms manager, but he forgot to inform the owner.

I got up early, noon, and just got all set up for my first flight. Out of the corner of my eye I see this pick up truck flying down the road and pull up right in front of me. Out this guy jumps, mad as a wet cat demanding to know who is in charge. "Down there", somebody says. Later he storms back to his truck, "you're out of here", he shouts.
Me, I just pack up and call it a day.

Ain't a f'n thing I do legal, ought to be my epitaph.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:47 AM   #9635
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well that sucks. I suppose you did the right thing in just clearing off without waiting to see what happened. Who needs that, just to fly our toys.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #9636
copterboy
Registered Users

Pah! Hate it when you make the effort and someone else's cockup spoils your fun!!

On another note, guess what arrived in the post today? Only the 2 switches I ordered from HH last year!! Post mark was 10.10.14 - where the heck has it been for the last 6 months!!!!! Anyway, Sutty I'll dig out your address and get one forwarded to you. Probably won't be in post till next week. Work has gotten busy!!

Old 03-26-2015, 02:57 PM   #9637
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice one Denis, much appreciated. Who'd a thought that though, 6 months in transit and NOT lost for good. Incredible.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP