START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 10-04-2016, 06:08 PM   #9941
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

A little update.

Been doing as much flying as I can while the weather lasts. All of it local los flying.

The me-262, is an absolute dream to fly. Did have one forced landing, ( no damage), when one ducted fan lost a motor leg. One df isn't enough to keep it flying at this altitude.
The retracts can be finiky.
Other than that, I am extremely happy with her.
What a presence in the air.

The wraith.
Put an Eagletree guardian stabilizer on her, plus an EZ osd/current sensor. The stabilizer makes her a dream to fly. Manually, she can be demanding at times. Not fun under goggles. Hope to take her out for her first long flight under the goggles tomorrow.

The Ranger is perfect. Got sick of too small of servo's burning out so upgraded them and redid the trims. She now flys much better.

The Park.
Utter rubbish. Not happy with her at all.

The Drak still working out video issues.

The Y600 is down with a motor issue.

QAV 250, such a blast to fly.

I picked up a Sbach 342. This thing is exactly what I was looking for in an aerobatic 60-size plane! Does everything very, very well. Recovery is like nothing else I have ever flown. She's now my favorite.

Cub is still on the work bench. She's going to be there for awhile until I get the move over.

I'll be moving next week or shortly after. Paying cash for the next place. Retirement around the corner, getting everything all ready for the transition.

Unfortunately, after the move I need to get the right knee replaced. So once again I'll be out of action.
once I return to work, (if I do ), the machine move happens and I'm out of a job.
Just another broken down discarded person,,, but one that is toy rich and nothing but time on his hands to play!
I couldn't venture a guess how many acft I have now. Between heli's, planes and multi's is got to be somewhere around 2 dozen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20160922_07_55_13_Pro.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	674264  

Last edited by Tomstoy2; 10-05-2016 at 03:16 AM..
Tomstoy2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:10 PM   #9942
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good luck with the move and the knee Tom, but now for something more important.

How did the long run under the goggles go?

JK, of course the first bit is the most important, but still, how did it go?
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:17 AM   #9943
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Didn't happen. Got too busy on the move thing. Speaking of which, that happens tomorrow.
Got all my planes, multi's and heli's transfered to the new place. Only took 9 trips!
Old 10-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #9944
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What do you think Tom, do you need another toy?

Old 10-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #9945
ragge1
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post

CONVERGENCE VTOL 650MM BNF BASIC EFL11050 E FLITE - YouTube
been looking at that myself maybe a step into planes and drones ( the darkside )
Old 10-28-2016, 03:08 PM   #9946
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, I thought it looked fun. Not normally being one to rush in, I may wait until V2, when those who can't wait have thoroughly beta tested it on HH's behalf. .
Old 10-29-2016, 07:36 AM   #9947
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post

CONVERGENCE VTOL 650MM BNF BASIC EFL11050 E FLITE - YouTube
Pretty cool! But not for me, not now. I'm retired, no money.

Been a busy couple weeks.
The move has happened. I'm very happy with the new digs, 1300 sq.ft, so much easier to take care of. especially with a new IRobot vacuum cleaner roaming around.

So, 2 days before the move the transmission goes out on the Oldsmobile, forcing me to get another vehicle. I ended up with a 2013 Ford Fusion energi hybrid. Just love the damn thing!

The day of the move my right knee, the real one, goes totally out! Surgery is January 5th. Jeez, can't believe I'm going to do this all over again! Remember, all the issues I had with the left? To boot, my Dr. has told me to lay off the pain meds as much as possible.
Despite this, the move went off, abet expensive as hell. The old digs is on the market effective yesterday. Another expensive operation. I've done nothing but experience the most expensive month of my life.

So, no more toys.

Despite this, the past 4 days I have headed out to the club with my Sbach 342, flying the crap out of that plane. Just love this plane! Lost the canopy out in the middle of a wheat field once, Thought I was going to die out there finding it!

However, One of the 'fpv guys', got one of these.

https://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-s...opter-rtf.html

As you can see, it lives up to its name. He has a vid out racing vertically up a huge cliff face. Impressive as hell. Especially at that price.

Though, I see HH selling a billion of that vtol.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #9948
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad to hear the move is all done and dusted and that it went off more or less smoothly, even if a little more costly than you might have hoped.

Pity the knee went right in the middle of it, but I guess you knew it was going to need doing sometime soon. I'm sure things will go better than last time, at least fingers crossed anyway, and you can keep us updated nearer the time.

I wonder were you over doing the pain meds, or is he just hoping that if you back off somewhat now it will give you more chance of being able to make use of them afterwards, to take care of the post op pain.

Anyway, that aside, I don't know about a billion, but I reckon it's going to go well. The BNF aspect, and all ready to go, bar a little radio configuration will really appeal to people, including me. Pity it isn't the full job, because then they might get a bit closer to that figure.

By a full job I mean including GPS and all the features that could come with that, like RTL on signal loss, position hold, and much much more, just like is available with most MR autopilots, of which most in that area are used to.

I'll watch developments with interest.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:42 AM   #9949
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Dr. just wants the post-op meds to have the best chance to do their job. Any I take now builds up a resistance.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:06 PM   #9950
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Been a flying fool the past 2 weeks over at the club. Flown everything, working on everything.

Still had resolution issues on the Drak, so I've relocated the Vector controller away from the current sensor. She's ready to test, again.

The Wraith, almost there. Video was perfect until throttle up. I was pulling power for camera and vtx off the main battery, running thru a 12 volt transformer and lc filter. Problem was I pulled power aft of the current sensor, on the esc side. This caused snow all over when throttle was applied. I have since moved it to before the current sensor. Did a quick test on the bench, power applied, seems to work.

Darted in the me-262 a few days ago! Not too sure what happened yet. Luckly the wheat field has been turned so damage was manageable. A little super glue and a new nose steering servo and all is good.

Lost the canopy of the Sback342 out in the field. Took me almost an hour stumbling around out there on my bad knee before it was found. Was never so glad to take a pain killer when I got back!

Y600, been working on that today. Even flew it, but,,,, Need one more replacement esc. Had the tail dip a couple times unexpectedly. Should be ready this week.

The Cub. Been busy covering. Got one wing done. Took 12 hours to cover just one wing!

The Ranger is all ready. Last flight went extremely well.

The Park is parked. Flight ready, but since I got the Sbach I have had too much fun with it. It has turned into my favorite plane!

the qav250, broke the vtx, so waiting for a new one.

House isn't sold yet. Been on the market about 10 days now. Plenty of lookers. One couple twice. One cash low ball offer.

Enjoying the new digs. So much easier to take care of. Especially with an IRobot vacuum cleaner running around on its own.

The weather has been insanely nice for the last month, and still forcasted for the next 10 days, so will be biting the bullet and dealing with the pain, get as much flying in as I can before the weather hits. Hell, I haven't blown out the sprinkler system yet!
Old 11-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #9951
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Been working on the Cub in my new model room, ( a work in progress ).

Covering just 1 wing took 12 hours!
I should have her covered before the surgery the 5th of January, but doping won't happen until spring, once I've recovered enough and the weather is nice.
Pretty exciting!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20161122_13_35_13_Pro.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	681369  

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP