START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 01-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #9541
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tom I sure hope you are out flying it. It is georgous out!
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450L w/VX1e, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450L w/APM FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white w/2km range!
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #9542
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

What a beautiful day, indeed!

I f****d up though. I was going to fly the Ranger, too, but I got a new TV stand and had to transfer all my audio video gear over. A hell of a lot of work.
Tomorrow, I hear is supposed to be windy as hell.
No sign of it so far. Will have to see what the morning brings.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #9543
copterboy
Registered Users

Pleased to hear the fleet is coming together. Noticed the days getting a little longer again too, roll on summer!!

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:16 AM   #9544
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Took the Ranger out Saturday morning. Was so damn windy I couldn't tell if the new file worked or not? Think it does, but really need a calm day. I was just so damn happy to get it back on the ground undamaged!
Old 01-19-2015, 05:14 AM   #9545
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Today may very well be the day to get in a flight with the Ranger, maybe the Hexa, too.
Supposed to be good weather, low wind.

Getting some work on the Penguin, lately. I decided to rip out the Vector and redo the wiring. Upgrading it from traditional hookup to S-bus. Doing away with all the servo wires, ( only need 2 now, S-bus and pan), and built up a cable tonight to replace them with, a CAT6 shielded.
Reflecting back with the control lock out issue I was suffering from, the less likely I think it was a Guardian issue, but a problem with the EZUHF receiver being to close to the motor.
I've since moved the receiver all the way back to just before the vertical stabilizer.
To get the cat6 cable all the way back there I had to slice out a section of the fuselage.
Poor baby don't look so pretty anymore. More like an old wife!
Old 01-19-2015, 09:52 AM   #9546
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Well, that certainly cleaned up that rats nest of wiring I had in there before.
Building the cat6 cable was a pain in the ass. Even though I only had 2 leads to run, as the cat6 is mated pairs, I had to use 3 pairs. To make matters worse, on the interior side the 2 connectors needed to be made at 2 different lengths. It's a rather long length running down the fuselage boom all the way to the tail, and even hooking everything up had to be done is a jigsaw puzzle fashion, but the results will be well worth it.

That all wired in, up next is to figure out the cg again and finalize the GPS placement.
I originally wanted to put it on the boom, too. But nixed that idea.
The nose is my main choice but it's been crushed a few times. Still, if the cg will allow, I hope to retain it there.

After that, programming.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #9547
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Down to the programming now, and partially done with that, too!

Balance worked out well. Was able to keep the GPS in the nose, in just the perfect position for the battery to taco it. Not much to do about that. It's just the best place for it.

Will finish up the programming today. Then, it'll be time to test fly!

Done a lot of mod's to the Penguin. Larger Tiger motor and esc. Went from a 9" prop up to a 12". New flight controller and osd. Wiring loom changed out to cat6 shielded cable.

Once I get the controller and osd working correctly I'll need to change out the video transmitter.
I have a 200mw 5.8ghz unit on there now just for testing. A lot easier to just take my AIO goggles than all the gear.
However, I already have a 1 watt 1.3ghz transmitter ready to install once she's all ready for distance.

All of these mod's are so I can hand launch by myself.
I'm right handed, so it's not easy to hold back the plane nor throw it with the left. Add the altitude in there and I can't get enough thrust to get her up in the air.

The airframe looks pretty rough now. Still 100% serviceable, though, One nice thing about foam, it's easier to put the plane back together after a wreck than a balsa plane!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:58 AM   #9548
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Programming the Vector is so sweet. Absolutely intuitive when hooked up through the laptop. Needed very little referring to the manual for clarification.
Even programming the osd was simple and fast.
In fact, since I already have an ET tracker that I'm only using for the diversity side, I'm just going to take off the EZ tracker I have been attempting to use. I can even set it all up thru the software, should be simple as hell!
So far, the Vector is really impressing me!

Only got 2 things left to do.

To prevent any excitable moments I purposefully left off the esc power wires. Time to connect that up now.

Do a compass calibration.

Already verified everything works thru the software, so once I do those minor chores it will be time to do some flight tests!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #9549
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In the snow???
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450L w/VX1e, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450L w/APM FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white w/2km range!
Old 01-21-2015, 05:37 PM   #9550
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Not today, bud. Got to go back to work now

Ordered a very small 90 degree mini USB adapter cable.
This will plug into the Vector's up port and be left there. This will allow easy access to programming for way point missions.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #9551
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Damn, got a special short mission I want to pull off with the Hexa behind the house.
The weather is perfect,,, but the sky is all wrong. Just got to have the perfect sky to pull this short vid off.
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #9552
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was going to do a special short mission to inspect some missing roof tiles after some recent strong winds.

Got myself all set, started the recording and up I went. Accidentally flicked a switch on my leg, as I remeber it wasn't where it should have been when I first started feeling at them under the goggles to put things right.

Anyway, it was RTH ing, but of course I'd set it off in a bad spot for RTH, as I wasn't planning anything special, so it was more or less RTH ing on top of me. Took the goggles off, but lack of practice caused me to thereafter more or less start flicking switches at random, or in blind panic, until finally it just plummetted down from what height, I don't know.

Gimbal all mangled, top case and undercarriage smashed, and what else I don't know. Cba looking right now, but at least the camera is okay, or seems to be.

Assuming it is okay, it will be on video, but it won't be very interesting, as it will just be a power off plummet from the sky.

Still, when I can be bothered it might be worth a laugh. Right now though I'm super pissed. Didn't feel like flying, but Mrs S told me it was a nice day to go up and inspect the roof. And whilst that might only sound like a suggestion to you guys it's as good as an order, so that's what I did.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #9553
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

AW CRAP. Sounds bad.
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM   #9554
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

That sucks!

Had an excellent morning here.
Perfect weather, so took the Ranger out along with the Hexa.

For the most part, the Ranger is done. Has a little trouble going north in a straight line, but I'm happy to say it's time to take her out for some distance flights.

The Hexa flew brilliantly! Everything behaved as expected. Don't even need to make any tuning changes. Feels solid as a rock.
Did a 10 minute fpv flight. Sure felt good!
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #9555
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Badass Tom!!! I could not resist going out either, way too nice out today. I just got back I flew 5 packs. I was doing FFF, Death Spirals, and back flips at 3200RPM!! At the end I hit LVC mid-flip. (older lipo) I got it uprighted but no room to auto so it took a heavy hit but I did land on the skids and boom struck. I did film the last pack.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP