Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 12-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #9481
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Fa-La-La-La...

My Spartan Vortex VX1e/datapod arrives tomorrow!!! The green 360mm RJX Vortex blades will arrive too!! I have watched all the Bert K setup vids and have tried the demo on Spartan Studio seems easy enough. Ive been grounded so long.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450L w/VX1e, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450L w/APM FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white w/2km range!
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #9482
Bob O
HF Support

My HF Map location

Cool.....let us know if you have any questions.

Sent via phone
OmG servos
Futaba 14SG
Bob O is online now        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM   #9483
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You got it yet Chad? You're gonna love it. I flew 4 packs with the beta governor yesterday, and it was awesome. I had a considerably lower head speed than I normally run, but absolutely no loss in performance, because it just wouldn't allow it to bog. Quite something to have a totally consistent power delivery throughout any move, including full collective punch outs, upright and inverted. After a while I was convinced I was flying better as a result. Some how it seemed there were fewer positional corrections required, in any given move, because the power delivery didn't change at all during the move. Like I said I've only had four packs, but I'm pretty sure I'm really going to like this governor. All default settings on the governor, and a special V curve in the radio, as recommended by Angelos, to allow the governor to make use of feed forward.

Also, with the help of the guys in the Vortex forum, I've sussed out a way to make use of the new ESC and the auto abort feature of the Vortex such that the ESC won't keep dropping back into super slow spool up during an auto abort.

Never could be bothered learning to auto in the past, because I couldn't be bothered plugging things into my ESC to set it up correctly, but now all this can be set in the datapod and the Tx, I'm gonna give it a try. Soon, if the weather will allow. Bench tests show that it works perfectly.

Cheers

Sutty

Last edited by sutty; Yesterday at 03:37 PM..
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #9484
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not yet postman comes at around 5-6pm.
I agree a good gov mode rules! Once I went gov Ive not went back. I also think it flys more solid and less bouncy holding altitude.
In general all around better.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450L w/VX1e, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450L w/APM FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white w/2km range!
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #9485
copterboy
Registered Users

@Chad - U lucky SOB!! Wishing U the smoothest of setups!

@Sutty - So the voltage thing wasn't an issue then, just a misunderstanding And the Auto recovery, I don't quite understand. What was the original concern you had? Glad to hear you can make use of it anyway

I been trying to chase down an issue on the newly repaired DX8. Finally powered up on Sunday, to check the new gimbals were good via some SIM time, and re-bind the 450 to it. Now I let Jack have a little go as he wanted a go on the SIM, and not long after I give it him, it started some random beeping??? It sounded like the AUX3 dial when it gets to mid point, or 0% on the monitor screen (not the sound it makes when you adjust the trim switches). I checked it by turning the AUX3 dial to each side, observing the monitor screen, but not 1 channel was showing any glitching on the monitor screen, whilst I could hear it beeping away!

As I had Jack, I didn't have time to start tinkering, and had a busy week since. So last night I tried it again on the sim and did not have any repeat of the problem Come to have another try tonight, and my SIM is 'not responding' So I'll reboot the laptop and try again later. But sat here on the bench next to me, I have the DX8 powered up and it seems ok, even after a couple of inactive alarms.

I'm also thinking about that AUX2 switch that got damaged somehow during its journey to the factory for its repair. And I never recived those additional switches they promised. So I'll have to chase that up and for now, not replace the FLAP/GYRO switch which was my original intention. I'll have to repair the damaged GOV switch first, to rule that out. I know my GYRO switch is definately ok, despite not being an original part.

I did catch Jack playing with the trim switches, which I warned him not to do. So that and the beeping problem will be my reason why he is permanently demoted to the DX6i from now on! I've warned him before, so this time it's happening!! Can't risk more damage to MY flying machine controller.

Hopefully, the problem will not re-appear and confidence will return after a few more SIM sessions, to actually think about binding it to the 450 again!

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #9486
ragge1
Registered Users

@Sutty : nice that its going well , still not tested the vortex gov and its not looking good for the next two weeks
@Chad : with you there '' gov rules '' , thats why sold all my beastx , now is just to test the vortex gov at the field

here is a vid on the vortex gov test on the bench

Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #9487
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got it!!!! It is so tiny how cute! Im going to hit the wifi and update the VX1e/data pod. When I return I will start setting up with a fresh TX model.

The 360 Vector blades have a 2-3mm wider chord than the align blades and a really nice airfoil. They are also well matched but are 7g hevier per blade than align.
Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM   #9488
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice Ragge! What RPM sensor do you use?

I got the latest firmwares for the Data pod and VX1e and registered them both.

I've hooked up to both the Spartan Studio and the Data Pod. Both work perfect! This is a really nice unit and I can't hardly wait to set it up!
Old Today, 05:56 AM   #9489
ragge1
Registered Users

using the HobbyWing 100A V3 with a build i phase sensor
Old Today, 07:46 AM   #9490
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice one Chad. Don't forget the latest firmware doesn't have an e-gov. You need to dig out the beta.

The voltage was just me being a numpty Denis and the auto abort issue is fairly straight forward. The ESC offers this too, but only if you use the governed option, which I don't want as I want the Vortex to do the governing.

If you use heli mode, ungoverned, so the Vortex can govern it, you always get a super soft spool up after any short period of zero throttle, so the Vortex can't invoke a fast ramp up recovery because the ESC is in its nice super slow start up. If you go for airplane mode, which has no soft start, it could be dangerous as hell, because the power ramp up is off the chart in this mode, and the Vortex governor has no soft start yet, apart from during an auto recovery.

As a result the only realistic choice is to choose heli mode, governor off, and not take the throttle down to 0 during the auto. If you take it down to only 5% then it will recover at full speed, allowing the Vortex to ramp it up as quickly as you choose to set it, meaning that you can have the Vortex fully in charge of both the governor and auto recovery.

The problem then is only how to set-up the radio, but the guys in the Vortex forum came up with an idea that works well enough. It isn't perfect though due to the what the Tx screen displays, but I can manage without the screen saying what mode I'm in. I usually just do it by feeling the switches anyway, and they will feel the same.

Oh, and Rog, its works great. We had one reasonable day without rain and the wind was reasonably calm so I managed to nip out for 4 packs. Made my hands cold but that's to be expected. I've bought a Tx mit, but it needs some modification, which I haven't done yet. I'll post some details of it if it works out okay. Hope the rain eases up soon for you so you can give it a try too.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP