Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

Old 07-19-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
zosek
Registered Users

Default Vibe 50 parts compatibility

Hello all,

i have a question regarding parts compatibility. I have at home first gen vibe 50 i'd like to upgrade to FBL. Does anyone know where i can get a fbl head for this heli or if there are any other brand that make "universal" FBL heads that would be compatible with vibe.

Regards
Align T-Rex 250
zosek is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:27 PM   #2
DCflyer
Registered Users

They are getting a little hard to find as complete kits, but parts for them are still readily available. The RJX .50 FBL head is a great option for the Vibe if you can find it anywhere in stock.

http://www.rc711.com/shop/rjx-50clas...00-p-4978.html

I ran the RJX on my Vibe before switching it out for the Synergy N5C head which is also pretty hard to find. I made the switch because the head sat a little lower and I had it laying around. Nothing wrong with the RJX it was well made and performed well.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:02 PM   #3
zosek
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great thanks.

Though i did search all my usual stores and i found neither rjx nor synergy's head. Guess i'll have to dig deeper
Align T-Rex 250
Old 07-21-2016, 07:55 AM   #4
Jerry1067
Registered Users

Default Head

If the RJX head will work. I wonder if the KDE head would also work just a thought and he might have them in stock worth a look
Old 07-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #5
zosek
Registered Users

I found a head in a german online shop, will update this post when i come home from work with more info.

edit: http://www.world-of-heli.de/elektron...mruestset.html
Align T-Rex 250

Last edited by zosek; 07-21-2016 at 10:03 AM..
Old 07-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #6
Rex Batavia
Registered Users

Hi,

In that german site it is stated no longer available.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:41 AM   #7
Rex Batavia
Registered Users

I might have something for you. Not sure if it will work, but may be you could try. PM me.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:09 AM   #8
zosek
Registered Users

Yeah, i took the last piece
Align T-Rex 250
Old 09-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #9
zosek
Registered Users

Don't want to open a new thread just for this question, so i'll just hijack my own thread

I'm in need of some new FBL blades now that i've converted to fbl. I've been looking around and saw that the rail blades are blades to go with now.

What kind of blade length can vibe hold? Will 626 be ok, or will i be on the edge? What are some pro's and con's of shorter/longer blades?
Align T-Rex 250
Old 09-07-2016, 05:02 PM   #10
DCflyer
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zosek View Post
Don't want to open a new thread just for this question, so i'll just hijack my own thread

I'm in need of some new FBL blades now that i've converted to fbl. I've been looking around and saw that the rail blades are blades to go with now.

What kind of blade length can vibe hold? Will 626 be ok, or will i be on the edge? What are some pro's and con's of shorter/longer blades?

longer blades will tend to give you more collective authority and better stability during fast / big air moves. The machine will also auto for longer. Shorter blades make the machine less floaty and more responsive on cyclic since there is less disk diameter.

For nitro, the most important thing in terms of blades is weight. You want to go with the lightest blades possible. Rails are indeed very light. I run Rail 716's on my big nitro and they really are tailored for nitros.

I thiiiink 626mm blades will clear on the vibe. Not 100% sure - you might have to run a smaller tail blade. I personally run the 600's because I can run a larger 95mm tail blades instead of the 92's for a little more tail authority.

The newest and best blade technology currently are the VTX blades. Not sure if they make a 600 size yet, but they are roughly 15-20% more efficient than anything else out there today. If I were buying new blades i'd be looking at those first. They are expensive though.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #11
justinspicer
Registered Users

On my original Vibe 50 equipped with a RJX head. I flew Edge 623mm FB mains with Edge 95mm SE tail blades. Flew awesome with a 55 @ 2100 RPM.
Scorpion Motors
justinspicer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:46 PM   #12
zosek
Registered Users

Thanks. I think i'll go with 600's once VTX comes out with them. I'm a bit scared to go longer since the mikado FBL head i bought is a little wider than the stock one.
Align T-Rex 250
Old 09-25-2016, 05:27 AM   #13
zosek
Registered Users

Any one knows where i can get landing struts (part nr. 960339 - the plastic part that holds skids) or if any other brand skids are compatible with vibe's? Had a mishap today (glow plug came loose inverted , the landing was a little rough).
Align T-Rex 250
Old 09-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #14
justinspicer
Registered Users

Vibe 50 NEX skids will fit. You may have to drill holes for screws in the struts.
The RJX head is also wider that the stock head. 620 should clear without issue.
Scorpion Motors
justinspicer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #15
Osprey
Registered Users

A good way to convert to FBL are used JR E-8 airframes, they seem to go pretty cheap. Over the last year I've picked up 3 for spares for my NEX 50 intros...none over 175 bucks! On my NEX I can used complete tail, head from the swash up, one-way assemble, landing gear and the canopy. For the 1st gen Vibe just getting the head from the swash up might be worth it. The canopy might work, one-way bearing assembly, landing gear, might have to drill. I would almost think you could plug the tail into the old vibe but that I don't know. I got lucky and picked one up a couple weeks ago for 130 bucks with a pair of Radix mains and tails...sweet deal!
Osprey is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion