Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

Old 09-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #321
jameson
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
It is a notorious issue vibes have. Vertical play. - not axial. If you have axial play you. Need new bearings in your blocks. I have about .25mm of vertical play. You can try shimming it and snugging the collar as best you can but it is a common issue.
i have horizontal play and the heli had it before it even had a drop of fuel through it..
jameson is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #322
DCflyer
Registered Users

Now that is odd. I don't have that. I finishd installing the new bearing blocks last night - parts came and I checked this. Tightened the blocks into place with the main shaft in place to make sure it was all lined up perfectly. Main shaft drops in like butter - rotates very smoothly. I tugged on it a little bit to check for play and have zero. Perhaps after a dozen flights i'll check it again but right now she feels very tight.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #323
jameson
Registered Users

Quote:
Now that is odd. I don't have that. I finishd installing the new bearing blocks last night - parts came and I checked this. Tightened the blocks into place with the main shaft in place to make sure it was all lined up perfectly. Main shaft drops in like butter - rotates very smoothly. I tugged on it a little bit to check for play and have zero. Perhaps after a dozen flights i'll check it again but right now she feels very tight.
ya im pretty dissapointed and not sure what to do. im wonderinf ig im bgoing to have to buy new bearing blocks/bearings or machine a new shaft.. do you think the older vibe 50 bearing blocks would fit ? i dont see why not. have any suggestions for me ?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #324
DCflyer
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
ya im pretty dissapointed and not sure what to do. im wonderinf ig im bgoing to have to buy new bearing blocks/bearings or machine a new shaft.. do you think the older vibe 50 bearing blocks would fit ? i dont see why not. have any suggestions for me ?
How old is your mainshaft? Do you have your main shaft collar spaced correctly on the mainshaft so there is zero up and down play? Just thinking out loud here. Where in the shaft is there the most play or is it the same all throughout no matter where you pull on it?

V3D blocks should fit fine. They're pretty cheap. Be worth a try to buy a set of them and try them out, preferably with a new main shaft and collar and see what that does.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #325
jameson
Registered Users

Quote:
How old is your mainshaft? Do you have your main shaft collar spaced correctly on the mainshaft so there is zero up and down play? Just thinking out loud here. Where in the shaft is there the most play or is it the same all throughout no matter where you pull on it?

V3D blocks should fit fine. They're pretty cheap. Be worth a try to buy a set of them and try them out, preferably with a new main shaft and collar and see what that does.
main shaft had the play the day it was built. the shaft has zero play up and down..the play seems the same throughout. i have a new shaft in the package and will prolly order v3d main bearing blocks
Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #326
DCflyer
Registered Users

Finished tuning up the Vibe. Took some pics.

Work done:
-New main bearing blocks, main shaft and collar.
-Disassembled and cleaned one way bearing hub. Put main and auto gear back on with fresh loctite and cleaned and re-greased OWB.
-Quick UK needle valve adjusters added
-New links and linkages ALL around along with Da Vinci 2.5mm turnbuckles from bellcranks to swash and swash to blade grips. Links had to be drilled out from 2mm to 2.5mm for proper fitment.
-Align metal servo wheels with 3x8mm cap bolts added
-CNC metal swash mixer arm, A-arm, and A-arm base.
-New tail pitch control links
-ASG metal pitch slider and carbon arm
-Synergy head
-New glow plug

The finished product:
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #327
JesusFreak
Registered Users

Looking good DC. I have all the parts to convert to FBL now. I'm trying out a set of the new Spektrum HV Servos. Have the JR FBL head parts, and a new IKON FBL unit. Also have a YS 55 to upgrade from the 50, but I may hold on that.
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #328
DCflyer
Registered Users

Upgraded a few of my birds to carbon pushrod assemblies this weekend. The Vibe got the same treatment. Used a 3/4 inch carbon rod with stainless endcaps and Quick UK "Rocket City" links. Big beefy links fit perfectly on the JR balls. The center guide and stainless slider are Align units I had laying around. The cleans up the boom a lot and is sooooo much stiffer. Tail should feel more locked in now and hopefully I can ramp up my gain another few clicks for those fast funnels.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #329
JesusFreak
Registered Users

Looks nice. What tail grips are you using there?
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #330
DCflyer
Registered Users

It is a Quick UK hardened steel/polished hub with Gforce grips that have built in "chinese weights" to help eliminate the centrifugal self-centering forces of the pitch slider at full rpm. They are nice grips but pretty hard to find these days.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion