Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 07-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #1841
copterboy
Registered Users

Definately like the switching and low pass Funny to see the sheep look up and seem unimpressed. Although it probably looked like the underbelly of a flying sheep to him, so you'd have thought he would be slightly more impressed

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #1842
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So here's what 400m looks like, and relatively low at some points too. Well happy with the new equipment's performance, apart from having to try and track it manually by turning my head, which is a pain. Works though.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #1843
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Seeing you get lost made me chuckle!
Great fun isn't it? Wait until your way the hell out there and lost vtx signal and can't figure out where to turn your head because the damn thing is behind you!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:23 PM   #1844
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

nice one Sut! I like the close view of the pond! I gotta get a switch and use the gimbal too!
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, HK450 PRO V2 TT DFC, QR-X350PRO
DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Heli Yea! is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #1845
copterboy
Registered Users

Excellent vid Andy, I just can't see how you got lost when you had the tractor trial to follow!! So I guess you're that deep in concentration it's easy to become a little confused.

Funny thing is, I knew exactly were you were, as I've watched probably everyone of your video's and know my way round your back garden so well, without ever visiting. It has only strengthened my appetite to get one. On your way home, I'm sure I could make out the control tower of M/c International too

Now I'm realising it will be difficult as things stand. I'm so bloody close to the airport, I'll need to get back on the road before any FPV adventures can begin, and I'm finding it is a little difficult even to get out with the 450 If I flew 500m NW from my garden, I'm at the end of the runway of a busy international airport So I'll have to make new transport arrangements my top priority, after my 2wk holiday with Jack, which starts this weekend!

First week is a holiday from home doing day trips, then back to his mums for weekend (some heli time for me on 9th and 10th Aug then ), second week going away camping

EDIT : Noticed the earlier sunset today, so by the time the holiday is out of the way the nights will be drawing in again!!

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #1846
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know Denis, it's rediculous isn't it, but bear in mind I'm not seeing everything with the crystal clarity that you are on the GoPro recording. A little turn here and there, and that together with the pressure, or should we call it excitement, and you begin to start second guessing yourself.

This is exactly what I said to Jerry when he went out to 4 or 500m for the first time and said he'd got lost. It is a momentary thing, but I assure you that those couple of spin backs, to double check for points of reference were absolutely necessary.

Read this.

and this.

A remarkably similar tale. Simple route, standard plan, following known ground markers, but still we got mixed up.

Jerry mentions there at the end, something that I didn't even understand at the time, but I do now. He said, where the hell did I put that IOC. Meaning which switch had he set Intelligent Orientation Control to. IOC allows you to just pull back on the stick, and it will always fly back towards you, whichever way around it is.

When I was lost, I was already thinking, since I have disabled IOC, if I don't get it soon I'll have to select RTH to start it coming back on its own, and trust that it does.

It all happens remarkably quickly, but seems much longer with the excitement and the adrenaline.

As for the airport, well yeah, that sucks. I don't think you're even allowed to fly so close to the airport without notiying the tower of your location, let alone go tootling around FPV. Bummer.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 07-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #1847
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 Andy I got lost on my second FPV flight. The fact that the FPV cam points straight makes the ground hard to see when you're high. Then when the wind blows your ship around and you are bouncing it can be disorientating. Not to mention dark. I in fact got lost 2x in the flight. This vid is filmed in the FPV style Dennis. Much closer to goggle view than Sutty's gimbalized vids that keep the recording flat. I'll get the vid up soon. I'm uploading it now but the wifi here sucks. I'ts not looking like it will be up tonight only 349 mins left and they close in 60. The wifi bar I can upload 13 min vids in 70-90 mins. I'd just go there but my budget for drinkin was cut off by my FPV addiction.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, HK450 PRO V2 TT DFC, QR-X350PRO
DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #1848
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here is the 'incident'. It is on the second of the long trips in the video. I got to a record distance out, but only by a few more metres, maybe about 15 further than previous longest. This will have to be the limit for this vTx. My new 600mW vTx is somewhere between China and here.

I screwed up the text on the video, so it is out of sync with the incident, but it is near enough for you to work it out. I only realised after it was all exported and ready to upload, so I simply cba doing it again.

A little disappointed with the jello, as this is worse than on any previous video. I think it is becasue I have tie wrapped a lot of wires to the gimbal frame. I need to let them float more freely. Could also be that during the last assembly I shuffled the props around, and it doesn't quite like them in the arrangement they are in now.

Anyway, here it is:

Cheers

Sutty
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #1849
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Impressive flight, Sut!

Could have tried just increasing altitude until you got signal back. Just so you know.

Now, imagine that when you let go the sticks forward momentum does not cease! Welcome to my world.

Actually, your vtx vs. tx set up is about right. You do not want to tun out of radio contact before video contact.
Once you go with the larger vtx you will run that risk. The distance you worked at is pretty good now, so be careful.
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #1850
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cheers Tom. Yeah, I know about height, and I tried climbing too, but I still haven't quite got to grips with the throttle position for a healthy climb yet, plus nothing seemed to happen when I did climb, though of course I couldn't see if I was actually climbing. I know I got low at that point too, so it wasn't surprising at all. Got to experiment though, and learn some strategies, so I certainly won't abandon that as a plan. I knew that RTH would climb anyway, as I have it set to 25m, so I half expected to regain it even before it set off for home. As it was it was not too long after it set off for home when the snow cleared. Also, I was a little concerned, minus spotter, to just hit a big full throttle climb, as if I never picked up the feed again, I could have been getting too high, and might have got above 400 feet. Actually that can't happen either, as I have a ceiling set, so that would just bring it home anyway. So it is worth an experiment tomorrow to learn another strategy.

By the way, it did occur to me today that this must be 10 times worse for you when you can't just hover, gather your thoughts, and think about which switch to flick and when.

Can your planes do RTH? If they can't that must be a big concern?
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #1851
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Right now, the Penguin can't. The Guardian stabilizer is just that, and a fantastic little unit for the price.
Soon, it will, as I've ordered a Vector to mount into it.

The Ranger, with the Ruby will, and even auto land!
Jim is expanding his company, and I expect to see an impressive array of sensors in the near future.

Your next step, Andy, ought to be looking at an osd for it. Flying with just instruments until you regain signal is not hard and a hell of a lot less nerve wracking when you can visualize what is happening.
Old Today, 12:07 AM   #1852
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 2nd FPV flight ever.

So here I am getting lost twice glad I had a spotter cause once I could not find home but I was directly overhead. This is my second ever FPV flight my bud is watching on the monitor and I am under the gogs. Try not to get lost while watching. This was just before going to the smith lake night flight, where he wore the gogs and I tried the monitor for the first time, that I forgot the record button. Enjoy.

DEVO 10 white 2km range!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP