START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 09-30-2014, 12:43 PM   #1961
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad to hear it Denis. Was going to say it didn't seem windy here, but then I'm only just now planning on going out with the quad. Looking forward to the vid. I cannot do 4 point tick tocks to save my life, so congrats on those. I tried the other day, at various times. Don't think I included any of the attempts in the vid I made, but attempts were made. I always, but always, bottle it in RL on 3 to 4. I need to SIM to get it solid. Not actually sure I can even do them in the SIM now it is so long since I've been on it.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #1962
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Nice flying Guys! I wish I could just hover inverted let alone all the moves you 2 can pull! Call me impressed! I gotta get a sim one of these days.
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450 DFC, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450 FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #1963
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, if you're like me you might not be able to convince yourself to use it. I haven't used it for more than a teeny bit for years now, and the silly thing is I take it away with me every week, every single week, thinking I will, but I don't. Go figure.

If I'd had a bit of a break like Denis, I probably would have done what he did though, as it would be nice to just get a feel for it again before the real thing.

Didn't see the vid yesterday Denis, but have just watched it. A lot of good stuff in there. Very impressed, especially considering the lay off. Some of that backwards looks like you are not a million miles away from disc in, nose out, tail down funnels. I bet you can piss 'em in the sim.

Good stuff.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #1964
copterboy
Registered Users

Sutty - you don't need a SIM with a garden like yours

I think upon reflection, it looked much better than I made out. Mostly due to the increased stability of the FBL unit, esp. during tic-toks. I'm the same as you though, can usually get round to point 3, but it's point 3 to 4 where I always mess up!! Even though it may have looked good, I was not feeling the confidence at all!! I don't know what it is about funnels, no matter what the orientation/CW or CCW, I seem to stall them as I'm bringing the heli back round towards me, even the same on the SIM! Think I'm just bottling it, so it doesn't end up overhead, so I'll just have to try and get out as much as I can, if things are to improve in that area.

I charged the over discharged pack separate to the rest, so I could see what went back in, and it put back 1963mah out of 2200 Anyway, I've got a little job to do in morning, then hoping I'll squeeze another 4 packs in before I pick Jack up for the weekend, and looks like winter will arrive after that!!

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #1965
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I take it the video pack was the one that was over discharged. After about 5 and 1/4 minutes, I started to feel uncomfortable, and it had me look at the time on YT. I then paid attention to when rotors stopped, and went back to the start to rotor start, and you were like a good 5:30, of pretty hard flying from a 2200.

Anyway, not surprised to see it at 1960, but to be fair, the voltages seem to hold up so well, and for so long on these newer packs, you probably won't have hurt it at all, at least not the once. I bet you couldn't even feel it sagging.

Good though it is that they hold up, the problem is that when they do sag, not only do they crash in voltage from the point of view of the voltage dropping off a cliff, you also can't fly any more, so you crash too, lol.

It's like, 3,4, 3,3, 3,2, 3.1, 2.7, 2.2, 1.5, 0. Doing okay, nothing, lol. Least thats what the graph looks like for my optipowers.

Know what you mean about funnels, but I thought you were real close to nailing that one I described, just by morphing into it from backwards flight. But I'm just like you, I lose it on the near side. The odd thing is that as I can see it on the far side, I feel like with the FBL being so good, I'm not having to do any corrections, so why don't I carry on like that, and let it fly itself for have a circuit. If I were high enough, surely this would work, but no, my fingers have to get involved and it all goes tits up, with the tail overtaking or lagging the head so it falls over.

Oh well, these things will come I guess.

Isn't the brain a marvelous thing though. I had a few weeks without, because of the quad, and you somewhat longer, and we haven't really forgotten where we were up to have we.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #1966
copterboy
Registered Users

Been meaning to come back and reply but had a long day at work yesterday, having an introduction to my new employer and checking out one of his jobs. Main objective was to see how the panels and tanks get installed, and just help him out whilst his labourer had a day off! Plus me and the boss then had to go do a survey after that job, and then a 50 mile drive home for a meeting with one of the other directors! Didn't get home till 10pm from a 7:30am start!! I'm assured this was an exception, and thankfully not the norm!! But today, I got some good feedback, and some news about a company vehicle Start full time on Monday, and hoping I'll have the van in another month or two.

The pack I overdischarged to 10% was flight #2, which I didn't record. I did overfly pack number 4 also, but because a 4:40 flight leaves me on about 30-34%, flying 5:30 only took me down to exactly 20%!! I actually forgot to start the timer until about 20 seconds in, then I didn 't hear the beeps at the end so overflew a little more!!

That's the exact reason I didn't up the timer any longer - but it was just a temporary measure whilst I was resigned to the DX6i. Now the DX8 is back, I'll probably go to 5mins straight off the bat, as I know I never forget to start the timer, and I never miss the vibrating alarm

Old 10-31-2014, 02:29 AM   #1967
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default The vids of the dominator!

Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450 DFC, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450 FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Old 10-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #1968
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So the vid order actually is pack 3 then 2 then pack 4. I mislabeled em pretty bad, but I was drunk then.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #1969
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

So, what you mean is, " you were Sutty'd up"?
Old 10-31-2014, 08:22 PM   #1970
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh yeah, big time!
Old 10-31-2014, 09:47 PM   #1971
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys, I represent that remark!

Enjoyed the videos Chad. Looks very powerful, especially when you cranked it up a notch.

Now let's see what the FPV version can do. I hope you don't fly it around like that one, it will scare the bejesus out of you.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #1972
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree goving @ 85% turns her wild! I was really impressed with how she went FBF to immidate FFF w/a punch of collectve. Fact is she flys even better now. You can hear what sounds like bogging on the vids but that is actually gov lag due to P&I gains disagreeing. One was set high and the other mid. These gains must be set the same for best performance. They are both mid again.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #1973
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As for the FPV I'll likely try the gov at around 70-75% which will make the freewheel crutial. Also the 350mm asymm. Spinblades will provide lots of lift, Id bet more than the 360's. The chord is wide and they lift @ 0*I'll also limit swash tilt to about 25* to start out but flight tune w/45*
Old 11-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #1974
Highspeed1964
Registered Users

Default Is it just me...

... or does anyone else get an emotional boner just hearing the sound of these things?!!!

Did I really say that out loud?

Anyway, nice flying Chad. I've been simming a lot lately (rain and wind) and have done exactyly that quick reversal. Mine is from FFF to FFF with a twist in between but I love that collective punch out.

Next up... the FPV?

Highspeed
Highspeed1964 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:38 AM   #1975
copterboy
Registered Users

Just made me realise I'd forgot to come back and watch them, so I just did and enjoyed watching them all.

Sounds powerful, effortless....good setup Nice job Chad. Made me smile when I saw that collective punch with the piro's in pack 4, sounded sweeeet When you gonna start going inverted, you must be ready for it now?

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP